Article originally posted on Nova Crystallis
Square Enix has announced the first round of paid downloadable content for NieR: Automata during its “One Million Commemoration” livestream event today.
Titled “3C3C1D119440927“, The DLC bundle will release on May 2 in Japan with a price tag of ¥1,500 and is “coming soon” in North America and Europe. The set includes three new colosseum areas with the addition of new sub-quests. Upon the completion of these quests, players will receive various rewards, including:
- The “Revealing Outfit” (in the style of Kaine’s attire) for 2B
- The “Young Man’s Outfit” (in the style of young NieR’s attire) for 9S
- The “Destroyer Outfit” (in the style of young adult NieR’s attire) for A2
- Records that add special music tracks to the players’ jukebox
- New equipment and cosmetic accessories such as hairspray that allows you to change the color of 2B and A2’s hair
- Masks with unique “on equip” effects
- Special bullets that change the appearance of enemy bullets
"Original NieR” Costumes DLC
Players can appreciate the new Colosseum area by completing a multitude of objectives and winning battles will net them various rewards including hairsprays and the costumes. The DLC arena also comes packed with scenarios in addition to battles, and topping it off with a new difficult mode made especially for speedrunner-style players.
Square Enix CEO and PlatniumGames CEO Bosses
Confirmed enemies to appear in the Colosseum include Square Enix president and CEO Yosuke Matsuda, and PlatinumGames president and CEO Kenichi Sato. Defeating the two will reward players with significantly valuable items.
Square Enix has also released gameplay videos of the boss fights, as well as some of the other miscellaneous fights offered in the Colosseum.
View them in full below: