Persona 5 Royal Jobs guide: Part Time Job List & Unlocks
It might not be as exciting as battling demons, but Part-Time Jobs are a key part of Persona 5 Royal - and undertaking these jobs can also deliver rewards that are even useful for your adventures as a Phantom Thief.
Each of the Persona 5 jobs is a way to spend free time, but the rewards are often worthwhile. You'll earn money, of course, but jobs can help you to forge new Confidant Relationships and raise your all-important social stats.
This guide features all part-time jobs in Persona 5 and Persona 5 Royal alongside all the information you need on them - salary, what social stat they raise, when they unlock, and how to start them.
- How to get a part-time job in Persona 5 Royal
- Part-time Job List:
- What job to get, and our pick for the Best Job
How to get a part-time job in Persona 5 Royal
To get one of the many part-time jobs in Persona 5 Royal, you'll need to consider timing and availability - as well as what you want out of the job.
On timing, part-time jobs will unlock from April 18th. On that day, you'll overhear students talking about getting jobs in a scripted event. This is your cue to start job hunting.
The rumors point you towards job magazines and leaflets located in the Shibuya Underground Station. Look out for colourful stands full of leaflets - here you'll find the available jobs listed. Reading the leaflets will allow you to apply.
A couple of jobs are available right away from this point, while a few more jobs are added later on as the story progresses. The jobs available are the same in both Persona 5 and Persona 5 Royal - though there are slight differences in terms of rewards depending on which game you're playing. Regardless, this guide covers both games.
Are Persona 5 Royal Jobs Worth it?
We cover how worthwhile the part-time jobs are in Persona 5 Royal below a little in our section on what job to get and the best job, but the answer is... well, it depends.
If you're in dire need of cash, or need to grind out some social stats, jobs can be hugely valuable and are absolutely worthwhile. However, you should balance it against other considerations - there may be better ways to accomplish your goals.
Generally speaking, however, we'd recommend you at least dabble in part-time jobs for some of your Persona 5 adventure. There's no need to spend a lot of time on them, however.
Persona 5 Royal Part-time Job List
Here's a list of each of the part-time jobs you can undertake in Persona 5 and Persona 5 Royal, and everything you need to know about each of the jobs:
Convenience Store Part-time Job
- Job Requirements: None, from 4/18
- Location: Shibuya Central Street
- Pay: 2800 Yen (P5), 3500 Yen (P5R), 7400 Yen (P5R Busy Shift Bonus)
- Time: Daytime
- Unlocks a Mementos Sidequest / Request after working three shifts.
Flower Shop Part-time Job
- Job Requirements: Rank 2 Charm, from 4/18
- Location: Shibuya Underground Mall
- Pay: 3200 Yen (Plus bonuses in some situations), 7800 Yen (P5R Busy Shift Bonus)
- Time: Day or Night
- Raised Stat: Kindness, with a bonus for successful requests.
- Unlocks a Mementos Sidequest / Request after doing three shifts.
Beef Bowl Shop Part-time Job
- Job Requirements: Rank 2 Proficiency, from 5/6
- Location: Shibuya Central Street
- Pay: 3600 Yen (P5), 8800 Yen (P5R Busy Shift Bonus)
- Time: Night
- Raised Stat: Proficiency
- Working here several times is a vital step in unlocking the Sun cooperation with Yoshida.
Crossroads Bar Part-time Job
- Job Requirements: From 6/24-
- Rank 3 Kindess, Rank 4 Proficiency, Rank 3 Guts
- Must have started the Ohya (Devil) cooperation.
- Location: Shinjuku, Crossroads Bar
- Pay: 5400 Yen (P5), 7200 Yen (P5R), 12,000 Yen (P5R Busy Shift Bonus)
- Time: Night
- Raised Stat: Random - depending on customer:
- Woman in an Evening Dress +2 Charm
- Scary Man +2 Guts
- Red-faced Man +2 Knowledge
- Downcast woman +2 Kindness
- Female Office Worker +2 Proficiency
What job to get - and our pick for the Best Job in Persona 5 Royal?
Seeing the above choice of different jobs you can undertake begs a natural question - what is the best job in Persona 5? Well, the mathmatics are slightly different between Persona 5 and Persona 5 Royal, thanks to the rebalancing of how much jobs pay - but is there an answer?
For our money, the best part-time job in Persona 5 and Persona 5 Royal is working at the Beef Bowl Shop. The reason for this is largely due to how working this job can raise your Proficiency - which is by far and away the social stat with the least repeatable opportunities to grind up its stat level. In addition, the pay at the Beef Bowl shop is decent - but not the best.
If you're looking to grind out money, working at the Crossroads Bar is obviously superior - in P5R, you can get 7200 yen a shift, boosted to 12,000 Yen if it's a busy shift. The bonus stat rises are helpful, too.
The other two jobs have their place, especially since they unlock earlier in the game - but the later-unlock jobs are, unsurprisingly, some of the best.