While Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age has changed a lot about the gameplay systems of the classic PS2 RPG, one of the other exciting new additions to the game is something we all now take a little bit for granted: trophies.
A lot of HD Remasters cheap out on their trophies by mostly tying them to simple story progression, but FF12: The Zodiac Age makes a good job of using the trophies to highlight a few parts of the International Zodiac Job System version of the game while also putting the spotlight on some of the all-new Zodiac Age additions. There's the normal slew of story trophies, too.
That means you'll have to experience a variety of jobs with each character, use magic, gambits, technicks and quickenings properly, explore, sell loot and recruit Espers to your cause in order to work towards that big old Platinum Trophy 'Champion of Ivalice' - it's quite a lot of work.
One point worth noting before we get started is this: most trophies aren't able to be missed in The Zodiac Age. They all seem like they're readily available right to the end game, though there is one, Catographer, that we think could be missable. More on that below. If you're worried about missable content or rewards in general, we have a whole page dedicated to missables throughout FF12 as well.
On this page we'll run down the trophies, and for more difficult ones offer some specific tips. Let's get to it!
These trophies are the basic and generic - they're the sorts of things you'll unlock naturally as you progress so long as you're using all the game's mechanics properly - except for that last one. That one's a big ask.
- Assault Striker (Bronze) / Use Attack 300 times.
- Spellslinger (Bronze) / Cast 200 Magic Spells.
- Premier Prestidigitator (Bronze) / Use Technicks 100 times.
- Master Thief (Bronze) / Successfully use the Steal Skill (available to the Machinist, Archer and Red Battlemage jobs) 50 times.
- Blood Dancer (Bronze) / Defeat 500 enemies.
- The Unrelenting (Bronze) / Complete a 50-chain in battle.
- Wayfarer (Bronze) / Take 50,000 steps.
- Plunderer (Bronze) / Get 100,000 gil.
- Record Breaker (Bronze) / Get 500,000 Clan Points.
- Spendthrift (Bronze) / Spend over 1,000,000 gil.
- Privateer (Bronze) / Sell 1000 pieces of loot off.
- Exemplar (Bronze) / Raise your average party level to level 50.
- Conqueror (Bronze) / Earn 48,000 License Points (LP) to spend on license boards.
Collectable Related Trophies
All of these trophies are rewarded for getting on with various collectable items in the game - some of which are missable in some ways, so you may have to backtrack, or try a second play-through if you don't build your license boards or job choices to get access to everything.
- Collector (Bronze) / Obtain a Morbid Urn - this rare item can be had from the item bazaar.
- Runeweaver (Silver) / Learn every Magick on the license boards.
- Jack-of-all-Trades (Silver) / Learn even Technick on the license boards.
- Scrivener (Silver) / Complete the Bestiary. This will likely be one of the last trophies you get thanks to all the rare monster spawns. Remember that if you're missing entries, you can encounter many enemies and fill in their entries in Trial Mode.
- Cartographer (Silver) / Fully explore every map. This sounds difficult and missable, but we don't think it is. We talked about it in detail on our missable content guide page - we think this one isn't missable, but you might want to be careful all the same.
- Mist Walker (Gold) / Perform every Concurrence. These are the 'final attacks' that trigger after you perform a certain number of quickenings in a chain. There are eight total:
- Inferno (triggered by performing 3 level 1 quickenings)
- Cataclysm (7 level 1 quickenings)
- Torrent (2 level 1 quickenings & 3 level 2 quickenings)
- Windburst (5 level 2 quickenings)
- Luminescence (5 level 3 quickenings)
- Ark Blast (2 each of level 1, 2 and 3 quickenings)
- White Out (3 each of level 1, 2 and 3 quickenings)
- Black Hole (4 each of level 1, 2 and 3 quickenings)
Hunt & Esper Related Trophies
These trophies are all related to either monster hunts or the espers, FF12's version of classic FF summon beasts. You should pick up a few of these through regular exploring gameplay.
- Eagle Eye (Bronze) / Defeat Deathgaze.
- Wyrmslayer (Bronze) / Defeat Fafnir.
- Sharpshooter (Bronze) / Defeat the Trickster.
- Freshmaker (Bronze) / Defeat Carrot.
- Master Swordsman (Silver) / Defeat Gilgamesh (and remember you can steal Genji gear from him!)
- Lord of the Kings (Silver) / Defeat the Behemoth King.
- Radiant Savior (Silver) / Defeat the Hell Wyrm.
- Fell Angel (Silver) / Defeat Ultima.
- Zodiac Knight (Silver) / Defeat Zodiark.
- High Summoner (Gold) / Obtain every Esper.
- Hunter Extraordinaire (Gold) / Defeat Yiazmat.
Trial Mode Trophies
These trophies are attached to your progress through the Trial Mode. Every 10 levels you can import rewards back to your main save, but the trophies are reserved for the big milestones:
- Judge Magister (Bronze) / Complete the 50th Trial.
- Imperator (Gold) / Complete the 100th (and final) Trial.
Story Event Trophies
Each of these is rewarded for progressing to a certain point of the story. Be warned, some minor spoilers are in the trophy descriptions through to the end of the game.
- For the Homeland (Bronze) / Faced the Archadian Empire as an initiate in the Order of the Knights of Dalmasca.
- Glabana Bloom (Bronze) / Defeated your first mark.
- A Traitor Redeemed (Bronze) / Escaped from the Nambina Dungeons.
- Fated Meeting (Bronze) / Rescued the Princess of Dalmasca.
- The Mist Seethes (Bronze) / Obtained the Dawn Shard.
- Visions of the Dreamer (Bronze) / Set out from Mt Bur-Omisace.
- Reins of History (Bronze) / Faced Doctor Cid.
- Wings of My Own (Bronze) / Restored Peace to Ivalice
- Champion of Ivalice (Platinum) / Collect all other Trophies.