Persona 5 Royal Exam Answers & Class Test Solutions
Generally speaking, having all of the Persona 5 Royal answers in front of you can be very helpful for making your thrilling adventures as a Phantom Thief go as smoothly as possible. Answers, conversation options, and choices come in many forms in Persona 5 - but one of the most important are undoubtedly those to the school questions, including all of the exam answers for midterm and final tests.
Having the school answers to hand is extremely useful, and allows you to breeze through an element of Persona 5 Royal that's become something of a series tradition. You might be a fantastic Phantom Thief, but you're also a regular student - which means attending school and getting quizzed by teachers in class. You might know some of these bits of trivia already, but in other cases it's helpful to have a list of the class questions and exam answers in front of you, which is what this guide is for.
Elsewhere in the world of Persona 5 Royal answers, you might also want to know the correct conversation choices for when you hang out with your friends in the game. For that, check out our Persona 5 Royal confidant guide. Alternatively, you might also want the Crossword solutions - we've got you covered there.
As for school... well, here's the ultimate classroom quiz & exam answers cheat sheet:
- How School Questions, Tests & Exams work
Persona 5 Royal Answers: all school quiz questions, exams and tests listed
The way this works is simple. As you work through P5R's story, you'll occasionally be asked questions in school at 'random' by the teacher - though in the game, these aren't random but are set events on certain dats. In addition to this, at some points you'll have to sit exams, which feature a mix of all-new questions and flashbacks to early class questions. Knowing the complete set of Persona 5 Royal answers will make your life much easier.
As well as random school questions asked in the classroom during regular lessons, a few times a year - so a few times during Persona 5 Royal - you'll have to take midterm exams and finals exams. Doing well in exams carries some great bonuses - so we've got the exam answers for you, too.
Getting questions right will raise your Knowledge stat, and certain questions will also raise other stats that are all-important for maxing out your relationships. This is a big deal in Persona 5 Royal in particular as some of those confidant storylines are now required to get the true ending of Persona 5 Royal. Doing well in exams significantly speeds up how quickly you can level these relationships up.
Knowledge isn’t just power, but raises your popularity. Your knowledge stat also governs how well you do in the exams that you don’t have direct control over. If you want to boost it more - which may be required for exams - you can do so using our guide on how to raise Knowledge quickly, as well as the other social stats.
As an important note, Persona 5 Royal has completely different school questions and school answers - if you want the answers for vanilla Persona 5. We've also got a page on all the Persona 5 Royal Crossword answers, if you also want help there. Otherwise, here’s all the P5R school quiz and exam questions and answers:
April School Answers for Persona 5 Royal
- 4/12 - Tell me what the Devil’s Dictionary defined as the chief factor in the progress of the human race.
- 4/19 - Between A and B… which line seems longer…?
- They’re the same.
- 4/23 - Between music, theatre and chariot racing, which sport did Nero win when he participated in the Olympics?
- "All of them"
- 4/25 - Q1: What’s that phrase meant to convey? “My country, right or wrong?”
- You unquestioningly support it.
- 4/25 - Q2: But the original meaning was different? So I guess it’d be something like…
- You have a duty to correct it.
- 4/27 - Do you know the name of the theorem named after this number?
- Four color theorem.
- 4/30 - Q1: First off, the "wunder" part probably means...
- Answer 1: Wonder.
- 4/30 - Q2: Next, the "kind" part. That's probably...
- Answer 2: Child.
- 4/30 - Q3: So a "wunderkind" would be...
- Answer 3: A prodigy.
May School Answers for Persona 5 Royal
- 5/7 - So what’s the literal translation of the phrase “femme fatale”?
- Fatal Woman.
- 5/10 - You know the time period Yoshitsune was active in, don’t you?
- The Heian period.
Persona 5 Royal Midterm Exam Answers: 5/11 - 5/13
- 5/11 Q1 - What historical figure inspired the term of “favoring the magistrate”?
- Minamoto no Yoshitsune.
- 5/11 Q2 - Yoshitune had a brother, right? Oh, I think his name was…
- Minamoto no Yoritomo.
- 5/11 Q3 - But they ended up coming into conflict. And in the end, when they had to oppose each other…
- Yoritomo won.
- 5/11 Q4 - That’s probably because people tend to sympathize less with figures in power, and sympathize more with…
- The weak.
- 5/12 Q1 - Which brain function is responsible for the phenomenon of seeing an illusion in this figure?
- 5/12 Q2 - Which of the following maps can you paint without any adjacent areas being the same color?
- 5/13 Q1 - Name the book that defined malefactors as the chief factor in the progress of the human race.
- The Devil’s Dictionary.
- 5/13 Q2 - What character archetype refers to a mysterious and seductive woman, typically with ulterior motives?
- Femme Fatale.
That concludes the first set of Midterms. The final midterm performance stat will be determined by your Knowledge social stat - it's a simple stat check:
- To get the top ranking in the class, you'll need level 4 Knowledge or higher.
- To be in the top 10, you'll need 3 Knowledge.
- The top half of the class have 2 Knowledge and at least 3 of the above answers correct.
- The bottom half need either 2 Knowledge with 2 correct answers or less, or 1 Knowledge with all answers given right.
- Finally, the bototm of the class occurs if you only have 1 Knowledge and get at least 1 question outright wrong. Which you shouldn't - you're on a guide!
May School Answers Continued:
- 5/16 - What do we call the phenomenon where believing in a treatment’s power is enough to improve your condition?
- The placebo effect.
- 5/19 - Which famous ukiyo-e artist of the Edo period is said to have moved residence over 100 times?
- Katsushika Hokusai.
- 5/21 - The golden ratio is 1:1.618, but do you know the silver ratio?
- 5/23 - Q1: If we think about what these words have in common, then maybe “syn” means…
- 5/23 - Q2: And “aisthesis,” huh? That’s a little like the word aesthetics. I wonder if it means…
- 5/23 - Q3: So that means the full word basically means…
- Senses coming together.
- 5/26 - Do you know which author Leblanc borrowed from?
- Arthur Conan Doyle.
- 5/31 - Do you know which peg-legged, parrot toting historical figure’s appearance became a visual shorthand for pirates?
- John Silver.
June School Answers for Persona 5 Royal
- 6/4 - What do you think the name for this phenomenon is?
- The halo effect.
- 6/7 - The red king crab is biologically related to the hermit crab. So how is it different from a crab...? Do you know?
- The number of legs.
- 6/8 - Where does totalitarianism take things a step further than authoritarianism?
- Controlling public thought.
- 6/13 - ...What color do you think it turns?
- 6/15 - Between paper bills and coins, which one is issued by the government?
- 6/20 - What do you think? One of these has minor metals in it, right?
- 6/23 - Now, do you know what this woman’s position was?
- A pope.
- 6/27 - Which of these animals is involved in an English idiom about the weather?
- 6/29 - What do you think it says on the back of this piece?
July School Answers for Persona 5 Royal
- 7/1 - What’s the meaning of the original Chinese phrase that these dumplings’ name came from?
- Barbarian’s head.
- 7/4 - Two people are responsible for July and August having 31 days. Do you know who those people are?
- Julius and Augustus.
- 7/7 Q1 - So Tanabata's about gods crossing a starry sky to reunite once every year. It might have something to do with...
- The Milky Way.
- 7/7 Q2 - What's the traditional food of Tanabata?
- 7/9 - Do you know what shape it is?
- A triangle.
- 7/11 - Q1: What is long-term memory, anyway?
- Memories that last a long time.
- 7/11 - Q2: Maruki mentioned something about the amount of memories you could store, right? Something like…
- 7/11 - Q3: If you have theoretically infinite space for them… then theoretically, you’d be able to retain them for…
- 7/12 - Do you know what he did?
Persona 5 Royal Finals Exam Answers: 7/13 - 7/15
It's time for your next set of exams. This time, it's finals for the Semester - a little bit more important than thosie
- 5/13 - Q1 - If angle C is 28 degrees, and angles A and D are 88 degrees, what is the angle of B and E?
- 64 degrees.
- 5/13 - Q2 - I think this came up in class. They were invented by that famous guy from Romance of the Three Kingdoms, right?
- Zhuge Liang.
- 5/13 - Q3 - And they were offering something to quell the river…
- Barbarians’ heads.
- 5/13 - Q4 - This master strategist came up with the baozi to…
- To offer them instead of heads.
- 5/14 - Q1 - Write the name and biological classification of this creature.
- Red King Crab (Paralithodes).
- 5/14 - Q2 - What happened when the government issued paper and hard currencies in Japan for the first time?
- It caused confusion in the economy.
- 5/15 - Q1 - What is the English equivalent of the Norwegian idiom ‘raining witches’?
- Raining cats and dogs.
- 5/15 - Q2 - Which of the following is another name for the soumen noodles traditionally eaten on Tanabata?
- Demon Guts.
As ever, your results in Finals are determined by a mix of your social stat for Knowledge, and your performance in the exam questions above. Here's how it breaks down:
- To be top of the class, you need 5 Knowledge.
- To be in the top 10, you need rank 4 Knowledge, and to get 3+ of the questions correct.
- To make the top half of the class, you require 4 Knowledge with 2 correct answers, or 3 Knowledge with 3 correct answers.
- The bottom half of the class only needs 3 Knowledge, and 1 or more incorrect answers - or 2 Knowledge, with all the answers right.
- At the bottom of the class, you just need to get 1 question wrong with 2 Knowledge - or only have rank 1 Knowledge.
September School Answers for Persona 5 Royal
- 9/3 - Each hand in this famous statue means something, but… do you know what the right represents?
- 9/6 - Do you know the name of that phenomenon where the second hand looks like it’s stopped moving?
- 9/13 - What does a pawn shop offer that a secondhand shop doesn’t?
- Money loans for collateral.
- 9/17 - What’s one of the origins for the phrase “cat got your tongue”?
- Cats eating human tongues.
- 9/21 - Robot comes from a word in Czech. But where in Europe is the Czech Republic located?
- Central Europe.
- 9/24 - How many white and black shapes are there respectively on a soccer ball?
- 20 white, 12 black.
- 9/28 - Q1: So “PVS”, referring to when you mistakenly think your phone is going off...
- 9/28 - Q2: The next part is the V part. That means it’d be “phantom…” what?
- 9/28 - Q3: Last is the S. So if we have “phantom vibration” so far...
- 9/29 - But the fishermen of Nagaragawa are actually civil servants as well. So, tell me which sector they belong to.
- Imperial Household Agency.
October School Answers for Persona 5 Royal
- 10/3 - If we use “three watermelons in the sun” to visualize a certain matter’s size against the universe’s, what are the melons?
- 10/6 - Now, do you know who invented this instrument?
- Joseph-Ignace Guillotin.
- 10/11 - Which name was most commonly ascribed to shape B?
Persona 5 Royal Midterm Exam Answers: 10/17 - 10/19
Your performance on the final phase of the October Midern Exams is partially determined by your knowledge rank. For good performance, your rank needs to be Encyclopedic.
- 10/17 - Q1 - Counting both black and white surfaces, how many surfaces are there in total on a soccer ball?
- 32 surfaces.
- 10/17 - Q2 - Didn’t the teacher say that the number of colors used to be different? Do you remember?
- It used to be one color.
- 10/17 - Q3 - Oh yeah, I remember. I think she said that unlike now, soccer games were broadcasted with…
- Black and white picture.
- 10/18 - Q1 - Who conducted executions using this device?
- Charles-Henri Sanson.
- 10/18 - Q2 - What is the reason that most people cannot become a cormorant fisherman of Nagarasawa?
- It’s a hereditary profession.
- 10/19 - Q1 - What is the meaning of “robota,” the etymological root of “robot”?
- Slave labor.
- 10/19 - Q2 - Which of the following describes the density of stars in outer space?
- 3 bees in all of Europe.
- 10/19 - 10/22 - Now, tell me the total count for each column in this magic square.
- 10/19 - 10/24 - From a psychological standpoint, what is a key reason our memories can differ from reality?
- Memory bias.
As we said above, you'll need Rank 5 (encyclopedic) Knowledge to get to the top of the class here. But here's the other criteria:
- Rank 5 Knowledge required to be the top of the class.
- To make the Top 10 in your class, you need to have 4 Knowledge and get all of the answers correct - which we've done for you. Right up there. Scroll up!
- For the middle of the class, 4 Knowledge & 1 answer wrong or 3 Knowledge with all answers correct will do the trick.
- For the lower-middle ranking, 3 Knowledge with an answer wrong or 2 Knowledge with all answers correct works.
- To scrape in at the bottom, you'll need 2 Knowledge, and to get an answer wrong - or just 1 Knowledge. Dummy.
November School Answers for Persona 5 Royal
- 11/2 - Can you tell me the meaning of the word “wack” in the Thieves’ Cant?
- A share of stolen goods.
- 11/4 - Clubs is a club, diamonds is a gem… So, what does a spade represent?
- A sword.
- 11/8 - Tell me how old you have to be to listen in on a trial.
- Any age.
- 11/10 - Do you know why it’s missing in the character for “crow”?
- Crow eyes are hard to see.
- 11/12 - I wonder. Do you know why our voices sound so different over the phone?
- Because the voice is synthetic.
- 11/14 - Tell me why that is.
- Because of high altitude.
- 11/15 - How was he punished?
- His head was put on display.
- 11/17 - Do you know the name for this graph? Your hint is “snails”...
December School & Finals Exam Answers for Persona 5 Royal
December is all exams - you'll tackle these Persona 5 Royal Finals Exams to cap off the year - Merry Christmas to you and all that. As always, a portion of your exam performance is determined by your knowledge stat, but you can nevertheless get quite far just by answering the exam questions correctly - and we've got all of the exam answers for you below, 'cos we're good to you like that.
- 12/20 - Q1 - Choose the graph that became the origin for the name for the Chinese yoyo known as a diabolo.
- 12/20 - Q2 - He was a really famous thief from the Edo period, right? How much money did he steal, in the end?
- Over one billion yen.
- 12/20 - Q3 - As a result, he was sentenced to…
- Having is head displayed.
- 12/20 - Q4 - Criminals, especially famous criminals being paraded around, was mostly done for…
- Public performance.
- 12/21 - Q1 - Which suit of cards represents the Holy Grail?
- 12/21 - Q2 - According to Japanese judicial law, what is possible for even an infant to do in court?
- 12/22 - Q1 - What country refers to a person who controls politics behind the scenes as a “prime minister in black”?
- 12/22 - Q2 - The Japanese word “dokyuu” translates to “massive.” What English word inspired the initial “do” in dokyuu?
The final exam standings are, as ever, determined by your Knowledge social sat. This time, too, the exam answers you give above don't actually help that much, either - which feels particularly brutal. Here's how it breaks down:
- For 1st Place, you need 5 Knowledge, and all of the above answers correct - so use our cheat sheet.
- For the top ten, you need 5 Knowledge, but you can get questions wrong.
- The top half of the class simply require 4 Knowledge.
- The bottom half of the class triggers at 3 Knowledge.
- 2 Knowlege or less will mean you're at the bottom of the class.
January School Test Answers for Persona 5 Royal
- 1/11 - Q1: What’s this phrase supposed to illustrate about the gods of Shinto?
- How numerous they are.
- 1/11 - Q2: What’s that phrase again? The one about how many gods there are in Shinto…
- The Eight Million Gods.
- 1/14 - Where do you think the fictional land of “Ihatov” is modeled after?
- 1/18 - What did the word “awful” originally mean?
- 1/21 - Do you know what she’s stepping on?
- A Snake.
- 1/24 - Q1: What does that mean when describing a person?
- 1/24 - Q2: So what kind of connotation would “salty” have in that context?
- 1/24 - Q3: So with all that in mind, “salty” probably means…
- 1/27 - How far did this study suggest personal happiness can spread?
- To friends of friends of friends.