Open-world, co-operative action RPG Gotham Knights announced for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, and PC
During today's DC Fandome digital event, Warner Bros. Games Montreal has revealed Gotham Knights, an 'open-world, third-person action RPG'. It is set to release in 2021 for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, and PC. The official website is here.
Batman is dead, and it's up to Batgirl, Nightwing, Red Hood, and Robin to protect Gotham City. The game can be played single-player or in two-person online co-op. Each of the four characters has a variety of moves, gear, weapons, and customizable appearances.
Find a debut trailer, gameplay walkthrough, fact sheet, and screenshot set below.
Gotham Knights - World Premiere 4K Trailer
Gotham Knights - Official 4K Gameplay Walkthrough
RELEASE DATE: 2021
PUBLISHER: Warner Bros. Games
DEVELOPER: Warner Bros. Games Montréal
ESRB RATING: RP (Rating Pending)
GENRE: Third-Person, Action RPG
PLATFORMS: PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, PC
PLAYERS: 1-2 Player, Online Co-op
Gotham Knights is a brand-new open world, third-person action RPG featuring the Batman Family as players step into the roles of Batgirl, Nightwing, Red Hood and Robin, a new guard of trained DC Super Heroes who must rise up as the protectors of Gotham City in the wake of Batman’s death. An expansive, criminal underworld has swept through the streets of Gotham, and it is now up to these new heroes to protect the city, bring hope to its citizens, discipline to its cops and fear to its criminals. Players must save Gotham from descent into chaos and reinvent themselves into their own version of the Dark Knight.
- Play as a New Guard of DC Super Heroes – Step into the roles of Batgirl, Nightwing, Red Hood and Robin and shape Gotham’s newest protector to create your own version of the Dark Knight.
- Action-Packed, Original Story Set in DC’s Batman Universe – With the Belfry as their base of operations, this new era of heroes will solve mysteries that connect the darkest chapters in Gotham’s history – from its soaring towers to its underground criminal network. Embark on rich storylines, including face-offs against some of the most infamous DC Super-Villains, such as Mr. Freeze, who is set on engulfing Gotham City in ice.
- Explore and Fight Crime in an Open-World Gotham City – Patrol the dark streets of five distinct boroughs in a dynamic, interactive Gotham using a variety of traversal abilities and heroic combat moves, as well as the iconic Batcycle. From street-level crimefighting to face-offs with iconic DC Super-Villains, save the city from descent into chaos.
- Unique Character Abilities and Customization – Each hero has unique abilities, gear, weapons and a customizable suit. Batgirl wields her melee tonfa; Nightwing uses his signature dual Escrima Sticks; Red Hood has trained to reach peak human strength; and Robin is expertly skilled with his collapsible quarter staff.
- Team Up in Two-Player, Online Co-Op – Play Gotham Knights solo or team up with a friend and combine strengths to protect Gotham City in two-player, online co-op.