Project Haven is a Tactical Turn-Based RPG to be showcased at the Gamescom Indie Arena Booth Online with a playable Alpha Demo
Project Haven is a self-described 'tactical turn-based RPG with a gritty story for a mature audience. Originally campaigned on Steam Greenlight in 2015, the game was formally revealed in 2019. Portuguese developer Foresight Games today announced that Project Haven will be showcased at Gamescom though the Indie Arena Booth Online from August 27 to August 30.
The Indie Arena Booth Online is a virtual booth area where anyone can check out virtual game booths for indie games in their browser. The Alpha Demo for Project Haven will also be available on Steam during Gamescom, and the demo features the first 3 campaign missions along with a glimpse of the co-op feature in a skirmish mode.
An announcement trailer, Gamescom 2020 trailer, description, and screenshot set can be found below. Project Haven does not yet have a release window.
Gamescom 2020 Trailer
Project Haven is a Tactical Turn-Based RPG with a gritty story for a mature audience. You command the Steel Dragons, a mercenary outfit fighting for survival in the harsh, urban near-future that is Haven City. Select and control squads of mercs as they battle gangsters, rival mercs and corrupt government forces in a bid to make ends meet, and make a difference where you can. Manage your crew’s stats and gear, wrangle a diverse range of merc personalities, and conquer the deep tactical elements that make Project Haven a standalone turn-based combat experience.
Disheartened by the lack of tactical turn based games with good story and multiplayer co-op, Foresight Games decided this would be their first game. Project Haven quickly emerged from the flurry of ideas and possibilities. After a massively successful and quick Steam Greenlight campaign in 2015, the team set out to achieve a standalone tactical turn-based experience. To help guide the narrative, the team enlisted the help of Edwin McRae, renowned writer of Path of Exile. After years of hardwork, in 2019, Foresight Games was finally ready to showcase the labors of that work.
- Manual override on aiming: Our unique free-aiming system allows you to take control of a merc and manually shoot from 3rd person view. With our modular damage feature, you can wing your enemy to reduce their accuracy, shoot them in the legs to slow their movement, or go for sweet extra damage with a headshot.
- Flexible tactical combat: Hunker down or lean into cover. Use stealth to avoid detection. Throw grenades or heal your mercs. Hack locks or demolish walls to get to your enemies. And all the while your mercs have free movement, navigating without restrictive square or hex grids.
- Mature storytelling: Learn the harsh realities of a seething megacity full of desperation and dark secrets. Witness the gritty lives of mercs and NPCs, and experience a story-driven campaign with fully voiced and motion-captured characters and cinematics.
- Rpg character building: Command a group of mercenaries, each with their own unique personality and attitude towards other characters. Improve their attributes and unlock new skills as they gain experience and level up.
- Advanced weapon mechanics: Magazine management, chambered bullets, and different types of ammo for different situations. Calibers and ammunition types affect how far and how well projectiles penetrate and damage the target.
- Co-op and skirmish mode: Play solo or with up to 3 friends in a turn-based online co-op campaign mode, or skirmish in randomly generated maps, fighting against friends or AI, either alone or in a co-op game.