A free demo is now available for the System Shock remake ahead of a full release this Summer
Nightdive Studios has released a new demo for the upcoming remake of FPS/RPG hybrid System Shock.
The game is set to release in Summer 2021, but a free demo is now available for Steam, GOG, and Epic. The game will also be available through Amazon's Luna cloud-based service when the game launches. Pre-orders are priced at $44.99, and those who pre-order the game will also receive a free copy of the upcoming System Shock 2: Enhanced Edition.
A teaser trailer, description, and screenshot set from Nightdive can be found below.
A brand new, feature-complete demo of Nightdive Studios’ upcoming FPS/RPG hybrid, the System Shock remake, will be available for download today via the major digital services, offering players the most complete look yet of the opening chapter to Nightdive’s highly anticipated title. Nightdive Studios is also pleased to announce that pre-orders will go live today ahead of the game’s global Windows PC release in summer of 2021 on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Game Store. When System Shock launches later this year, it will also be available on Amazon Luna, the new cloud gaming service from Amazon.
As a System Shock pre-order incentive, Nightdive Studios’ upcoming updated classic System Shock 2: Enhanced Edition will be free for all early buyers.
The new System Shock is a complete remake of the groundbreaking immersive sim, first released in 1994. Players, in the space-boots of an unnamed hacker who awakes after a six-month snooze, finds Citadel Station in quite the state. Murderous robots, killer cyborgs, and malicious mutants have run amok. And the station’s AI, SHODAN, seems to have developed quite the God complex.
Nightdive has given the entirely remade System Shock the full treatment, recreating the fan-favorite title for modern players with all-new HD visuals, updated controls, revamped hacking, and a renovated Citadel Station with all sorts of new areas and secrets to uncover.
System Shock features include:
- The Return of SHODAN: The talented Terri Brosius returns to bring her unique vocal venom to the villainous AI SHODAN
- Hackers Gonna Hack: System Shock features a totally revamped hacking system featuring new 6 Degrees of Freedom (6DoF) gameplay, providing new enemies and challenges
- Familiar but… Different: Citadel Station is bigger and more terrifying than ever with all-new areas, traps, puzzles, and of course, plenty of secrets to uncover
- The Sound of Terror: Re-recorded audio logs provide players with a drip-feed of horrifying lore as they piece together exactly what went wrong for the dwellers of Citadel Station
- Robots and Zombies and Lasers… Oh My: Blast, smash, and occasionally flee from re-imagined enemies like angry Repair-Bots, "Hopper" Mobile Lasers, mutants, cyborgs, and all kinds of bloodthirsty monsters and aggressive automatons