Spellforce III Reforced to launch for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One on December 7
THQ Nordic and Grimlore Games have announced that RTS/RPG hybrid Spellforce III Reforced will launch for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox One on December 7, coming exactly four years after the game's original launch on PC. For PC version owners of SpellForce III, the Reforced Edition will be a free update and will arrive on the same day.
In addition to the SpellForce III Reforced base game, both the 'Soul Harvest' and 'Fallen God' expansions will also be available on December 7, with each one sold separately. The base game will be priced at $39.99/€39.99/£34.99, the expansions at $19.99/€19.99 each, or the whole package, called SpellForce III Reforced Complete Edition, is also available at $59.99/€59.99.
An announcement trailer, overview, and screenshots can be found below, via THQ Nordic.
About SpellForce III Reforced
SpellForce III Reforced is a unique mix of an epic RPG storyline blended with accessible real-time strategy elements, designed to offer a riveting console experience to fans and newcomers alike.
It is the year 518. The rebellion of the renegade mages, known as the Mage Wars, has been quashed by the Crown. However, it was a Pyrrhic victory: Whole regions have fallen into anarchy, refugees roam the lands in search of shelter, and a mysterious, deadly plague called the “Bloodburn” has arisen and is spreading rapidly.
- Innovative Mix: Unique gameplay blending RTS and RPG naturally together
- Streamlined for consoles: Intuitive gamepad integration and tailor-made UI to smoothly control a strategy/RPG mix with complex mechanics
- Create & Customize: Create your own hero and choose between distinct skill trees
- Single-player campaign: Featuring the dark, enthralling story of the long-misunderstood Trolls and their battle for survival, with a playtime of around 20 hours
- Build to Fight: Raise your own army and fight epic mass battles
- Epic Storyline: Immerse yourself in a rich world - Unravel the secrets behind the current situation in Nortander. Explore Eo, a fully-realized world filled with interesting characters and heart-wrenching stories.
- Make new friends - assemble your party from a diverse cast of companions that not only complement your skills in interesting ways but also have an impact on the narrative. Manage their skills and equipment to ensure victory on the battlefield.
- Choose your side: Strengthen and command one of three factions – Elves, Orcs and Humans. Prepare your troops and fight the mother of all battles. Play strategically, taking advantage of terrain, troop formations, visibility, scouting, etc.
- Experience an epic tale: Enjoy a fully-voiced 30+ hour campaign on your own or with friends in the campaign coop mode. Face opponents of all skills in the online battles.