Amazon's New World open beta runs from September 9 to September 12; new 'Chart Your Fate' trailer
During the Gamescom Opening Night Live stream, Amazon revealed a new trailer for upcoming MMORPG New World, dubbed 'Chart Your Fate'.
Additionally, Amazon announced that a public open beta test will run from September 9 to September 12.
The new trailer and beta can be found below, via Amazon. New World is set to release for PC (Steam) on September 28.
Before diving into the details and announcement, we’d like to extend another thank you to everyone who participated in our Closed Beta. We’re humbled by the wonderful response, and extremely thankful for all the ways players across the globe have helped us prepare for launch. We still have some work to do before releasing New World on September 28, and the Closed Beta has helped immeasurably by testing our servers, helping us find bugs, providing us with a ton of constructive feedback, and granting many more key learnings to help our team prepare and adjust.
During Closed Beta, we ran into both server issues and over-population resulting in queue times, preventing some players from being able to experience the danger and beauty found in Aeternum. To ensure that everyone has a chance to experience New World ahead of our September 28 launch, we’re excited to announce that we will be holding an Open Beta test. The Open Beta test will utilize Steam’s new Playtest feature, which allows all interested players in our supported regions to request access to the test, for free. Servers will be available in North America, Europe, Australia and South America.
Open Beta will begin on September 9 at 7:00AM PT (2:00PM UTC) and continue until September 12 at 11:59PM PT (6:59AM UTC). Interested players will be able to request access beginning on September 8 at 7:00AM PT (2:00PM UTC).
Open Beta FAQ
- WHAT LANGUAGES IS THE OPEN BETA AVAILABLE IN?
- The Open Beta test will be available in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish (Spain & LATAM), Polish, and Brazilian Portuguese.
- CAN I TALK / POST / CREATE CONTENT ABOUT / OR STREAM THE OPEN BETA?
- Yes, during the Open Beta test you are allowed to share, record, or broadcast Beta content or gameplay. However, aspects of New World may change between Open Beta and launch, which may cause captured footage to become outdated. Check out our Content Usage Policy to learn more.
- IS THE OPEN BETA SERVER CAPACITY INDICATIVE OF LAUNCH SERVER CAPACITY?
- Open Beta is an important test for our server infrastructure and will feature a higher server capacity than the Closed Beta, but will not represent the full server capacity available at launch. Players may experience queue times during the Open Beta test.
- WILL MY OPEN BETA PROGRESS BE CARRIED OVER TO LAUNCH?
- No, there will be a progress wipe between Open Beta and launch.
- WHAT HAS CHANGED IN NEW WORLD BETWEEN CLOSED BETA AND OPEN BETA?
- Patch notes will be available on our official forums.
- WILL I NEED TO DOWNLOAD A NEW VERSION OF NEW WORLD?
- Yes, you will need to request access to the Open Beta client through the Steam Playtest tool, on the New World Steam page.