Asterigos, an action RPG, is coming to PS4 and PC in Spring 2022
Taiwan-based independent developer Acme Gamestudios has announced Asterigos, an upcoming action RPG drawing thematic and stylistic roots from the real-world Greco-Roman historical periods. The game is slated for a simultaneous PS4 and PC release in late spring 2022, followed by a PS5 version toward the tail end of autumn.
Here's an overview of Asterigos' story, weapons, and features:
Hilda, a brave Northwind Legion warrior, seeks to find her lost father and enters the mythical cursed city. She will come to realize the rise—and fall—of a great city, witness history in the making, and face difficult choices which will shape the entire kingdom’s fate.
- Exploration – Explore Aphes, the fallen city of the stars. Dive into the truth of history and restore it back to its former glory.
- Challenge – The cursed beasts ravage across the realm. Arm with the power of gods to defeat them.
- Storytelling – A story told from different perspectives. Hilda’s choices will determine the fate and outcome of everyone.
- Sword and Shield – Balanced in assault and defense. It can block most attacks from front.
- Daggers – Agile and flexible. The fast-paced attacks and back-steps on enemy can enter and leave the fray swiftly.
- Spear – Skillful in details. It requires high reflexes and controls to parry the enemy, but rewards with strong counterattacks.
- Hammer – Heavy and mighty. The powerful force of the hammer can easily break the enemy’s balance.
- Staff – Make the first move. It enables long-range attacks and can defeat the enemy before they approach.
- Bracelets – Steady and passive. Set up magic mines to create an area to your advantage.
Additionally, the official website includes a handful of short videos showcasing the various types of weapons Hilda will use during her fateful journey.