Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin screenshots detail Sophia, Astos, Tiamat, Western Keep, Crystal Mirage, Flying Fortress, and basic jobs
Square Enix has released new screenshots and information for Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin, detailing new characters Sophia, Astos, & Tiamat; new locations The Western Keep, Crystal Mirage, & The Flying Fortress; and job system basics.
The details can be found below, via Square Enix.
Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin is set to release on March 18, 2022 for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC (Epic). For more information on this Final Fantasy spinoff, you can check out:
- Screenshots and information detailing sub-characters, break gauge, and Pravoka
- Screenshots and information detailing the main cast, event scenes, Chaos Shrine, Refrin Wetlands, and battle system
- The trailer and special edition details from Tokyo Game Show 2021
- The announcement trailer and screenshots from E3 2021
- Voice Cast: English - Laura Post; Japanese - Mayumi Asano
- A warrior who joins Jack and the others on their journey, holding the same unwavering conviction - that they must defeat Chaos.
- "I am sure I have been here before. Many times."
- Voice Cast: English - Todd Haberkorn; Japanese - Youji Ueda
- The king of the dark elves, Astos lives in the Western Keep. It's said that he knows the location of the crystals. Although possessing a certain beauty, he carries an air of pestilence. He seems to know about Jack and the others.
- "Those who are to forge the future mustn't be concerned with trivialities."
- The Fiend of Wind. Attacks directly using its long necks and tail, as well as using whirlwind and tempest, wind-element attacks.
- Macro Burst is a particularly powerful attack, where Tiamat's breath radiates out from its multiple mouths.
- "Then come and meet your fate! Your foolish journey ends here!"
You can switch instantly between two different jobs during combat. There are all kinds of possible styles of combat depending on the combination of jobs you have set.
There are basic jobs like swordsman and mage, as well as advanced jobs that are unlocked as you level up basic jobs. And if you level up the advanced jobs, there may be even higher-ranking jobs waiting for you...!
You can obtain new abilities and jobs from the skill tree progression system. You can collect the job points required to obtain these abilities/jobs by defeating enemies and levelling up.
Swordsman: Swordsman, Jack’s initial job, can equip a greatsword and excels at both guarding and attacking. Use the job’s unique action spinning slash to rotate your greatsword and perform a sweeping attack on enemies in a wide area.
Mage: A job that employs basic elemental attacks, using a mace as a weapon. Magic can be powered up depending on the length of the casting time; for example, from Fire ⇒ Fira ⇒ Firaga.
Pugilist: A job that specializes in using melee-range weapons, like claws and knuckles. The Pugilist action Explosive Fist can chain together hits on enemies and provide an increase in damage.
The Western Keep: An ancient castle bearing the stark scars of war. This place shares a deep connection with a certain sovereign; a despot skilled in cunning and artifice, who took tyranny to its extremes. Giant arrows will come flying at Jack and the others, so you’ll need to avoid these as you make your way through the keep.
Crystal Mirage: A beautiful, translucent tower that rises above the trees deep in the forest. There are many devices that react to magic, and it’s no small feat to reach the highest levels.
The Flying Fortress: As the name suggests, it’s a castle that towers high into the sky. Inside the fortress, there are lots of remnants of an advanced civilization, including mechanical contraptions. Apparently, the wind crystal can be found in the innermost area.