Procedural turn-based mecha tactics RPG Kriegsfront Tactics announced for PC
Toge Productions (Coffee Talk) has announced Kriegsfront Tactics, set to release for PC (Steam). No release window has been detailed.
Kriegsfront Tactics is described as a procedural turn-based mecha tactics RPG that takes place in an alternate 1970s Southeast Asia, in which you can develop your own mechs, recruit pilots, and create a squad.
Separately, a demo for Kriegsfront Battlescaper is also available on Steam, which includes a built-in photo mode, mecha builder, and level editor based on developer tools for Kriegsfront Tactics.
A teaser trailer, description, and screenshot set for Kriegsfront Tactics can be found below, via Toge Productions. Thanks to Gematsu for the heads up!
Kriegsfront Tactics is a procedural turn-based mecha tactics for military sim fans where we combine elements from classic tactical strategy games, roguelikes, and lowpoly retro-style visuals.
Set in alternate 1970s during an era of conflict in Southeast Asia, you'll play as a commander of a mecha squad sent behind enemy lines. Manage your squad, resources, and mechs. Complete missions, and survive the front another day, while facing hard decisions that will test your morality.
- Customize Your Mechs - Customize your mech’s livery, salvage or swap parts, and equip weapons.
- Recruit Pilots and Build Your Squad - Meet interesting characters and recruit them to join your cause. Each character with their own skills, traits, and stories.
- Survive 1970s Southeast Asian Jungle - Explore the jungles of Southeast Asia during an era of conflict, encounter events, and uncover secrets in this alternate 1970s world.
- Execute Tactical Mecha Operations - Plan ahead, strategize, and use your tactical prowess to outsmart your enemies.
- Metal Crunching Cinematic Combat - Watch the mayhem and destruction unfold, metal against metal