Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin - Final Trailer; Basics of Battle Trailer; details on Kraken, Lich, Sunken Shrine, Cavern of Earth, and advanced jobs
Square Enix also shared a 'Basics of Battle' trailer for Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin, which we've added below alongside the Final Trailer.
Square Enix has released the final trailer for Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin, alongside information & screenshots detailing Kraken, Lich, Sunken Shrine, Cavern of Earth, and Advanced Jobs.
The details and trailer can be found below, via Square Enix, with screenshots in the gallery.
Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin is set to release on March 18, 2022 for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC (Epic). For more information on this Final Fantasy spinoff, you can check out:
- Screenshots and information detailing Sophia, Astos, Tiamat, Western Keep, Crystal Mirage, Flying Fortress, and basic jobs from December 2021
- Screenshots and information detailing sub-characters, break gauge, and Pravoka from November 2021
- Screenshots and information detailing the main cast, Chaos Shrine, Refrin Wetlands, and battle system from October 2021
- The trailer and special edition details from Tokyo Game Show 2021
- The announcement trailer and screenshots from E3 2021
English Final Trailer
Japanese Final Trailer
Basics of Battle Trailer
What is Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin?
With the memory of their struggle buried deep in their hearts…
Cornelia is a kingdom conquered by darkness. To destroy Chaos, the root of the darkness, Jack sets forth on a journey with Jed and Ash, who share this same goal.
As they cut their way through waves of monsters, driven by their swelling hunger to defeat Chaos, the people begin to hope that they may be the saviors foretold of in a prophecy. And yet, no one could imagine the truth waiting to be uncovered...
In Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin, a rich story unfolds with the protagonist, Jack, at its nexus.
The game features action gameplay where players use a wide array of abilities to crush their enemies, and RPG elements including a job system that’s quintessentially Final Fantasy, collecting different weapons, and customising and developing the characters. These gameplay features can be enjoyed at several difficulty levels.
Will restoring the crystals' light usher in peace or a new form of darkness? ...Or perhaps something else entirely?
- The Fiend of Water, Kraken attacks ferociously with long tentacles and rush attacks. It uses abilities that steal buffs, and water-element attacks that make use of the surrounding environment.
- “You dare brandish your blade at the Kraken!? You forget your place!"
- The Fiend of Earth. Adept at slinging spells or attacks that inflict status ailments. It’s a tricky opponent that can inflict Curse, which saps the upper limit of the Break Gauge, or summon forth skeletons.
- “A foolish dream. No matter how much you wish it, that season will never come.”
You can switch instantly between two different jobs during combat. There are all kinds of possible styles of combat depending on the combination of jobs you have set. Advanced jobs use actions that are even more distinctive, and many jobs can wield multiple weapons
Red Mage: Red Mages are versatile magic users who wield both black and white magic, making them equally able to attack and provide support. Use the Red Mage’s unique action, chainspell, to deal massive damage to your enemies whilst simultaneously reducing their elemental resistance.
Berserker: A job that specialises in direct attacks, using axes and greatswords, the Berserker has access to the berserk ability. While this ability is active, your attack power is greatly increased –but it could be a risky choice, since you lose the ability to use potions.
Samurai: Samurai is a job that excels at MP recovery. Whilst under the effects of the Samurai’s unique action, meikyo-shisui, normal attacks will replenish a greater amount of MP and parrying will also restore MP. Let loose with your replenished MP and unleash a flurry of blows with combo abilities.
Sunken Shrine: Could this mysterious light be the lifeforce of the planet that the facility extracts? This high-security facility on the ocean floor is controlled completely by machines, and it’s brimming with water energy
Cavern of Earth: An underground cavern, thick with earth energy. All kinds of traps obstruct those who would enter. Strewn with the dead, it resembles a vast tomb. What could be slumbering in the very depths of the cavern, far beneath the earth…?