Square Enix details Patch 6.1 'Newfound Adventure' for Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker
Square Enix has revealed Patch 6.1 for Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker in a Letter from the Producer live stream. Titled Newfound Adventure, this patch marks the start of a new chapter for the Warriors of Light, and it is set to release in mid-April.
The patch includes new main scenario quests, new sidequests & role quests, and a new Unending Codex glossary, plus new dungeons, trials, raids, and more.
Find an overview of the patch details below, via Square Enix. For more information, Nova Crystallis has a thorough breakdown of everything shown in last night's Live Letter presentation.
Square Enix today shared new details on Patch 6.1 for Final Fantasy XIV Online during the latest Letter from the Producer LIVE broadcast.
Set to launch in mid-April, Patch 6.1 will be the first major content update following the launch of the critically acclaimed Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker expansion pack, which signalled the epic conclusion to the Hydaelyn and Zodiark saga.
Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida shared the latest information regarding a wealth of new content coming with the Patch 6.1 series of updates that fans can look forward to, including:
- New Main Scenario Quests – Patch 6.1 will mark the start of a new chapter for Warriors of Light.
- “Tataru’s Grand Endeavor” – The spotlight falls upon Tataru in this new sidequest series, which will begin in Patch 6.1 and run until Patch 6.5.
- New Role Quest – An additional story will become available after completing all Endwalker role quests.
- PvP Updates – New PvP content known as Crystalline Conflict, PvP action updates, and a new rewards system will be implemented.
- New Housing Area – Plots in Empyreum, the new Ishgardian residential district, will become available for purchase.
- The Unending Codex – A new glossary of characters and terms up through Patch 6.0 can be unlocked in the main scenario of Patch 6.1. All characters and terms will not be immediately available, with new entries added as the story unfolds.
- New Dungeon – Further details to be announced at a later date.
- New Trial – The Endsinger’s Aria.
- New Unreal Trial – Ultima’s Bane (Unreal).
- New 24-Player Alliance Raid – Myths of the Realm #1.
- Miscellaneous Updates – Additional content including job adjustments, New Game+ for Endwalker and a portion of 6.1, new Hrothgar hairstyles, more glamour plates, the ability to try on items from the FINAL FANTASY XIV Online Store and more.
Further details for revisions to the A Realm Reborn main scenario content were also revealed. Among them, the new Duty Support system, based off the existing Trust system, will be implemented for A Realm Reborn (2.0) content in Patch 6.1. With this new system, all 4-player main scenario dungeons and trials will be able to be completed with NPCs. The Duty Support System will also be expanded in future updates to support Patch 2.x content, as well as Heavensward expansion content and beyond.
Looking ahead, future Patch 6.1x updates will include:
- New Ultimate Duty – A new Ultimate challenge, Dragonsong’s Reprise, is coming in Patch 6.11
- Side Story Quests – Various new side story quests will launch including the “Somehow Further Hildibrand Adventures” in Patch 6.15 and “Omega: Beyond the Rift” sometime in the Patch 6.1x series.
- New Tribal Quests – Starting with Patch 6.15, players will be able to experience new Arkasodara tribe quests for battle classes and jobs.
- New Custom Deliveries – Ameliance Leveilleur Custom Deliveries coming with Patch 6.15.
- Data Center Travel – Planned for Patch 6.18, Data Center Travel will allow players to visit Worlds in different logical data centers within the same physical data center.
For more details, visit the Patch 6.1 promotional site at: https://sqex.to/WNmob
For more details, please watch the archived stream here: https://sqex.to/7k7R1