Gatewalkers is a cooperative action survival RPG set to release for PC
The 5th annual Indie Live Expo took place this past weekend, featuring hundreds of games from developers across the world. We here at RPG Site decided to quickly spotlight some of the RPGs shown in the stream.
Gatewalkers is a cooperative action RPG with survival elements developed by Polish studio A2 Softworks, set to release for PC (Steam). The game features 4-player co-op, and procedurally generated worlds. It has been in development for several years, and A2 has regularly posted updates on the Steam page, including a recent look at the game's progress tree.
A pair of trailers, description, and screenshot set can be found below, via A2 Softworks.
Gatewalkers is a cooperative survival game with action RPG elements, where you travel across different worlds in order to save their own. Explore procedurally generated worlds, face hostile inhabitants, face challenges like extreme weather conditions, toxic atmosphere, lack of water and more.
Gatewalkers is being developed by Polish studio A2Softworks.
- TEAM CO-OP - You are a Gatewalker, the chosen one, who can go through the gate and explore the other side. Team up with up to 4 players to face the team-based survival. Fight terrifying monsters, survive extreme weather conditions, do the job ordered by the mysterious Guild, and what is the most important… stay alive!
- WORLD EXPLORATION - Explore many procedurally generated worlds with unique terrain, plants, and creatures. Discover new resources and crafting materials. Face various environmental hazards: toxic atmosphere, lack of oxygen, terrifying darkness, penetrating cold, and much more… Each world type introduces a unique survival mechanic that makes players adapt. Finding food, water or wood to start a fire may be impossible to do. Plan carefully what to bring with you on the expedition, no one really knows what is on the other side of the Gate.
- TEAM SURVIVAL - Surviving alone in an unknown world is really hard. But with teammates at your back, at least you have a chance. Share the responsibilities: start a fire to let others warm up, build a tent to let your mates rest, warn them about the dangers lurking at night… The key to surviving is cooperation between you and your team.
- SKILL BASED COMBAT - Isometric skill-based combat with a non-target system. All skills may be missed! Good positioning during combat, balanced use of skills, good timing and team synergy are crucial to victory.
- CRAFTING - First, choose an item to craft. Next, discover the appropriate recipe. Raid different worlds to gather required resources. Find or create a crafting station. Finally, build the item and use it!
- YOU ARE WHAT YOU WEAR - There are no predefined character classes. Each item gives you a unique set of skills, so combine them to suit you best. Take heavy armor, and healing staff to support your mates in the front line with your toughness and healing powers. Remember, you are, what you wear!
- PROCEDURAL WORLDS GENERATION - Each time you and your team will face a different, procedurally generated world. This gives you countless opportunities, constant challenges, and no victory schemes! Always stay cautious, adapt your strategy, make fast decisions, face the consequences, because you never know what waits behind the corner.