Unexplored 2: The Wayfarer's Legacy comes to Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One on June 3
Developer Ludomotion and publisher Big Sugar shared that the Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One versions of Unexplored 2: The Wayfarer's Legacy will launch on June 3. These follow a week after the release of the PC version when the game was initially announced a few weeks ago. On PC, Unexplored 2 will be available on Steam, GOG, and Epic.
Just like its upcoming PC release, Unexplored 2 will also receive a 10% discount off of its $24.99 price tag for pre-orders and for a limited time after launch on Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One.
Players tackle a procedurally generated open-world in the game and whenever they perish, their same world remains. Time will continue to march on and change it accordingly. As they approach the end of their current playthrough, the finale will lock them in a perilous sink-or-swim situation; they will either finish it successfully or fail doing so. Upon failure, the player's save data will be deleted.
Take a look at the Xbox Trailer for Unexplored 2: The Wayfarer's Legacy down below.
One quest. Unlimited adventure. Unexplored 2: The Wayfarer's Legacy is a challenging roguelite RPG with a table-top feel, procedural node-based open world, and a cool twist on permadeath. Leave the Dungeon of Doom behind and venture into a vast, wondrous world as you embark on a heroic quest to destroy the mysterious Staff of Yendor.
Explore beautiful landscapes and discover hidden marvels. Encounter magical creatures and dangerous foes. Make brave choices and put your faith in good fortune. Featuring a unique legacy system, advanced procedural generation technology, and rich, generative storytelling, Unexplored 2: The Wayfarer's Legacy is an adventure like no other.
• Legacy system: the actions of past heroes impact the fortunes of those that follow in their footsteps. Use your legacy wisely to give successive adventurers greater hopes of completing their quest
• Permadeath in a persistent world: when a hero dies, they stay dead. But you can choose to return to the same world with a new adventurer, forearmed with knowledge of what lies ahead. Or, if you prefer, begin a new adventure in a completely uncharted world
• Generative storytelling: there is no premeditated script in Unexplored 2. Every adventurer's ultimate goal may be the same – to destroy the Staff of Yendor – but every hero will have their own unique story of the events and encounters that happened along the way
• Procedural generation: Ludomotion's proprietary technology generates content that feels designed by humans, not algorithms, and can create a near infinite number of new lands, new places, new stories, and new challenges to discover
• Orchestral adaptive soundtrack: an intricate system allows Unexplored 2's music to be arranged reactively, making subtle changes to the score at appropriate times, whether a moment of high emotion, or to provide foreshadowing