Symphony of War: The Nephilim Saga gets a surprise launch on PC today
Publisher Freedom Games and developer Dancing Dragon Games have shadow dropped Symphony of War: The Nephilim Saga onto PC (Steam, Epic) today with a launch discount of 20% off. It will be $15.99 USD until June 17. It was unveiled at the Freedom Games Showcase event.
The surprise launch trailer for the Nephilim Saga gives a tight rundown of all the features the Ogre Battle-inspired strategy RPG has to offer. It has a robust, diverse class change system that all have different strengths and weaknesses; their stats are divided up between offense, defense, speed, magic, and utility stats.
Players are free to tweak their battle formations on which units occupy the front, middle, and rear positions. Different regions and biomes in the Nephilim Saga are shown in its trailer, including a lava cavern and a frosty field. A plethora of tech trees are also shown off to give greater control to people who want to continually alter and enhance their troops.
Scott gave their initial impressions on the game back in April; they were pretty positive in how the game's various systems express the strengths of classic strategy JRPGs. They also got the chance to speak to the creator of the game, Phil Hamilton, about his approach to the game and how he is already working on the next entry to Symphony of War.
Watch the surprise launch trailer of Symphony of War: The Nephilim Saga down below.
A Shadow Looms Over Tahnra
At the turn of the millennium, the world of Tahnra is headed for a reckoning. The long and bloody conflict of Veridian Succession left the Empire of Veridia scarred, its people subject to brutal hardships. Under the reign of Empress Florina, the vicious cycle seemed to be broken, until a rogue General abducted her from the capital, mustering his own armies and raising the flag of rebellion. You, a young academy graduate, will command an expedition against these forces… a conflict that will set off a chain of events and shake the very foundations of the world.
- 2D Turn-based Strategy RPG
- Squad-based player army
- Story-rich 30-40 hour Campaign with huge replay value
- 50+ Character classes for your troops
- Massive depth of tactics you will learn through natural play
- Limitless possibilities for how to build your characters and squads
Tactics Win Battles
The gameplay focuses on grand-scale operations, outwitting and out-planning the opponent, while individual battles are carried out automatically and are thrilling to watch unfold.
- Maneuver squads of up to 9 soldiers across battlefields and seize the advantage by grabbing high ground, holding chokepoints, ambushing from the woods, and more
- Pay attention to the weather, or fall prey to a sudden blizzard or heat wave
- Liberate towns and capture resources to bolster your reputation and sustain your armies
- Break the enemy's morale, while maintaining your own
- Eliminate enemy squad leaders to shatter their chain of command
Strategy Wins Wars
Tactics win engagements. Logistics win wars. Once the dust settles, it's time to collect the wounded, rally the troops, and prepare for another battle in the long march to peace on Tahnra.
- Assemble squads from more than 50 unit classes, including heavy infantry, archers, shock cavalry, medics, arquebusiers, dragons, battle mages, and more
- Outfit squads with equipment and artifacts obtained through looting and victory
- Nurture your conscripts into elite warriors, or hire mercenaries to instantly boost your army's fighting prowess
- Research upgrades through your faction’s tech tree across a multitude of classes to specialize or generalize your troops for the job
Gather Heroes, Build An Army
The graduates of the Imperial War Academy were sent to quickly contain a rebellion, but became embroiled in a vicious plot far beyond what they could imagine.
- Meet friends, heroes, allies, and rivals from the many different factions across the world
- Manage a dynamic relationship system, unlocking iconic conversations, unbreakable bonds, and powerful bonuses between your characters
- Experience an epic tale brimming with malice, treachery, and ambitions, as the fragile peace of Tahnra unravels