Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker Patch 6.2 'Buried Memory' launches on August 23; new trailer and details
In the latest Letter from the Producer live stream, Square Enix announced that Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker Patch 6.2 'Buried Memory' will launch on August 23.
A new trailer and an overview of the patch details can be found below, via Square Enix.
For more information, Nova Crystallis has a thorough breakdown of everything shown in the Live Letter presentation.
Square Enix today announced Final Fantasy XIV Online Patch 6.2, Buried Memory, will launch on August 23. Revealed during the latest Letter from the Producer LIVE broadcast presented by Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida, the news was accompanied by a new trailer and information on the latest chapter of the critically acclaimed title, which includes fresh battle challenges to the highly anticipated Island Sanctuary.
During the broadcast, Yoshida offered viewers a demonstration of Island Sanctuary, a new type of casual solo content which allows players to build and customize their own personal farm on a deserted island by gathering materials, building facilities, caring for creatures, and more, without the need for prior crafting or gathering experience.
Additional details on Patch 6.2 were discussed, including PvP updates, Pandæmonium: Abyssos, and more.
An overview of content that players can look forward to in Patch 6.2 is included below:
- New Main Scenario Quests – The epic story continues in this latest chapter.
- New Side Story Quests – Experience the continuation of Tataru’s Grand Endeavor.
- New Dungeon – New challenges await in the Fell Court of Troia.
- New Trial – Band together with other players in a new trial with Normal and Extreme difficulties.
- New 8-Player Raid – Pandæmonium: Abyssos will be available in both Normal and Savage difficulties to challenge the most seasoned players. The Savage difficulty raid is planned for release one week following the launch of Patch 6.2.
- New Unreal Trial – Battle against Sephirot in Containment Bay S1T7 (Unreal).
- PvP Updates – PvP Series 2 and Crystalline Conflict Season 3 will begin with the release of Patch 6.2. Hidden Gorge will also resume, along with adjustments to PvP actions and the Crystalline Conflict ranked matching system.
- Continued Improvements to the Main Scenario:
- The Duty Support feature will be expanded to include main scenario dungeons from the 2.x series to 3.0 (Snowcloak, The Keeper of the Lake, Sohm Al, The Aery and The Vault).
- The Steps of Faith trial will be reworked into a solo quest battle.
- The Thornmarch trial will be revamped.
- Miscellaneous Updates – Additional content including, updates to adventurer plates and portraits, glamour dresser capacity expansion from 400 to 800 slots, and more.
Some additional details were also shared about Patch 6.25 content, which will arrive at a later date:
- New Side Story Quests – Somehow Further Hildibrand Adventures continue in Patch 6.25.
- New Weapon Enhancement Quests – Players can obtain and enhance Manderville Weapons throughout the Patch 6.x series, which will begin in the Somehow Further Hildibrand Adventures questline.
- New Tribal Quests: Omicron – New daily quests for Disciples of the Land.
- New “Variant Dungeons” Battle Content – Players can enjoy this new variable-difficulty dungeon content—beginning with the Sil'dihn Subterrane—designed for between 1-4 players, with the difficulty of enemies scaling depending on party size. Dungeons will feature branching routes, which change depending on player action within the dungeon.
- New “Another Path: Criterion Dungeons” Battle Content – High difficulty four-player content, which features a distinct structure and enemies of the Variant Dungeons, but will have a set route. Criterion dungeons will feature two options of difficulties, each with their own unique set of rules and characteristics.
In addition, a collaboration with Insert Coin clothing to create the FFXIV Endwalker Paladin Jacket was revealed. Inspired by the level 90 paladin job-specific gear featured in key art and the Endwalker trailer, the jacket features high-quality embroidery and is available to order now. For more information, please visit Insert Coin's website.
Alongside this, a weeklong livestream titled “Mogchute Farm” was announced, planned to celebrate the upcoming launch of the highly-anticipated Island Sanctuary content. Based in London, United Kingdom, “Mogchute Farm” is taking place at Mudchute Farm, a registered charity with care for the environment at the heart of their mission. From 1pm BST on Monday 15th August to 1pm BST on Friday 19th August, viewers will get the chance to watch several farmyard favourites over multiple days, including pigs, goats and chickens, with other surprises revealed as the week progresses. To experience their daily routines of feeds, frolics, and festivities, please visit the Final Fantasy XIV Online Twitch channel.
Also announced as part of the Letter from the Producer LIVE, Final Fantasy XIV Online will be returning to the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre for PAX Australia 2022 with a dedicated booth. Between October 7-9, attendees will be invited to visit the booth where a range of activities will be available. More information will be available at a later date.
Furthermore, the Final Fantasy XIV Online Starter Guide Series, a seven-part online video series which provides novice players with tips and tricks to get the most out of their adventure, can be viewed now on YouTube. The videos follow the journey of new player Kaz and his mentor Mayra, who guides him through his first steps in Eorzea. More information about the series can be found here.
Finally, the Moonfire Faire seasonal event is in full swing until August 26 and allows players to obtain unique new rewards, including the Summer Sunset attire. More information on this limited-time event can be found here: sqex.to/t4wCH
The full Letter from the Producer LIVE broadcast can be viewed on Twitch.