Solasta Palace of Ice DLC launches on May 25, adds new content and playable races
Developer Tactical Adventures has a new expansion coming for its tactical RPG Solasta: Crown of the Magister next week. Titled Palace of Ice, the new pack is the fourth premium DLC pack to be added to the game since its release in 2021. Tactical Adventures bills Palace of Ice as "the biggest campaign in the series".
Designed for higher-level characters that have gone through the base game and some of the previous expansions, the Solasta: Crown of the Magister - Palace of Ice campaign will add up to 25 hours of new content. Set in the northern territory of the Snow Alliance, it is placed after the conclusion of the Crown of the Magister campaign and centers on players trying to uncover and foil the Soraks' deeper plan. Players can import their previous campaign saves to use the same party, and meet characters from the Crown of the Magister and Ruins of Telema storylines. Cooperative play for parties of four are supported, as before.
Palace of Ice features new locations, dungeon environments weather effects, and enemy types to tackle. High-level character progression such as spells and equipment will allow for deeper customization. Two more playable races - gnomes and tieflings - are also part of the offering for new party members. Even those who don't purchase Palace of Ice outright will gain some benefits, such as an update to the World Map system, support for customizable NPC followers, a boost to the level cap for Dungeon Maker, and additional face options for five existing races.
Check out a description of Palace of Ice from the Steam store page below:
A journey into the Northern PeaksAlthough the heroes of Caer Cyflen managed to prevent the Soraks' attempt at reopening the Rift to unleash their foul god upon Solasta, the threat is far from over. With the Kingdom of Gallivan suddenly declaring war on their neighbours, there is little doubt that these insidious foes have agents everywhere – and that they always had contingency plans well prepared.
The Palace of Ice DLC is a high level 10 to 16 campaign that will take your party into the frozen lands of the Snow Alliance. The allies of Caer Cyflen need your help now more than ever, for Soraks are not the only foes that have been sighted lately. Other ancestral creatures have joined the battle, and there is little hope for victory without experienced adventurers to face them.
This adventure features:
- 2 New Ancestries. The Gnome and the Tiefling are now available in the Character Creator!
- A continuation of the Crown of the Magister Campaign. Unveil the Soraks’ master plan and put an end to this threat once and for all!
- Returning faces. Import your save file from a previous campaign to continue playing your previous party at higher levels, and meet characters from both CotM and the Ruins of Telema demo! Note that you can also create new characters if you so desire, as they will start at level 10 in Palace of Ice.
- High-level encounters. Ready yourself, for you are not facing just goblins anymore! Get ever stronger up until level 16 to defeat the mightiest of foes!
- Co-op with up to 4 players! Just like the two other official adventures, Palace of Ice is ready to be tackled solo or with friends.
New Dungeon Maker content:
- Four new environments: Mountain Caves (indoor), Dwarven City (indoor), Dwarven Settlement (outdoor), Snowy Hills (outdoor)
- New monsters: Monsters from Palace of Ice will be available to use in the Dungeon Maker
- [FREE] New World Map System: Place your locations on one of the three existing World Maps (Crown of the Magister, Lost Valley & Palace of Ice), link them together and add some spice with Random Encounters during travel!
- [FREE] New NPC Follower System: Create follower NPCs who can join the party (controllable) to give them a hand during combat!
Free content update for all!
- Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Halflings and Half-Elves are all receiving 6 new faces to choose from for free (3 Male / 3 Female)
- Level 12 - 16 are now available in the Dungeon Maker! Note that the Crown of the Magister and Lost Valley campaigns are still locked to level 12 max due to balance reasons.
Solasta: Crown of the Magister is available on PC, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S. Palace of Ice launches on May 25, 2023.