Tetracast - Episode 302: Insert Disc
Welcome to the latest edition of the Tetracast, RPG Site's regular, seemingly weekly podcast!
Josh kicks off a brief games talk section of week's episode with his initial impressions of Diablo IV, going deep into how the skill and ability system works alongside a small story discussion. Bryan then concludes his thoughts after finishing the recent remake of System Shock. Finally, the crew has a small follow-up discussion of the recently shown Dragon's Dogma 2, though we expect we'll see more next week during Capcom's 2023 showcase.
In the first of at least two big news weeks, the discussion opens with a discussion about the leaked Persona 3 Reload and Persona 5 Tactica, with a lot of discussion about what should be included gameplay-wise for a reworking of Persona 3. The crew then speculates about the new Summer Game Fest reveals for Final Fantasy VII Rebirth and Final Fantasy VII: Ever Crisis, a new Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name details, and the announcement of an action RPG based on Akira Toriyama's Sand Land manga. The podcast wraps up with a follow-up of the indie RPG discussions from Guerilla Collective 2023.
This edition of the Tetracast features Bryan Vitale (@ZeoMassicot), Josh Torres (@HD_Kirin), Adam Vitale (@King_Seda), and Chao Min Wu. You can find links to the full episode of the podcast below along with our RSS feed, and also subscribe to us on iTunes or Google Podcasts, and follow on Spotify!
- 0:00 - Intro
- 8:13 - Diablo IV
- 30:48 - System Shock (2023)
- 41:16 - Dragon’s Dogma 2
- 44:51 - Persona 3 Reload is coming in early 2024
- 59:55 - Persona 5 Tactica is coming 11-17-23
- 1:04:09 - Final Fantasy VII Rebirth to release early 2024 and first full trailer
- 1:15:20 - Final Fantasy VII Ever Crisis pre-registrations open, closed beta test in July 6-13
- 1:24:26 - Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name releasing November 9 plus new trailer
- 1:31:53 - Bandai Namco announces action RPG based on Akira Toriyama's Sand Land
- 1:36:47 - Summer Game Fest News Wrapup
- 1:48:26 - New Indie RPGs: Terra Memoria, Dark Deity 2, Grifford Academy
- 1:53:45 - New trailers for Sacrifire, Demonschool, and World of Horror
- 1:58:43 - Enclave HD to release on June 29 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch
- 2:00:45 - NIS America to delist six games from PSN and Switch
- 2:04:49 - EA in talks to move Star Wars: The Old Republic away from BioWare, per IGN
- 2:07:50 - Paradox releases new Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines 2 screenshots, opens refunds for pre-orders
- 2:10:03 - Octopath Traveler II surpasses 1 million units worldwide
- 2:11:04 - Signoff