Space Cat Tactics launches on July 24 for PC
A release date trailer, details, and screenshots can be found below, via Mitzi Games
Mitzi Games announce today that the turn-based space opera tactical RPG game, Space Cats Tactics, will release on Steam in July 24th for $14.99/€14.79. Space Cats Tactics mixes grid- and turn-based tactical ship combat with inside-ship crew management. You will fight intense battles in space against combat ships, huge motherships and other enemy vessels, while you evade or destroy natural hazards like asteroids or clouds of cosmic gas. But you will also have to manage your crew while you do it, choosing which parts of the ship you will send them to operate, so as to take advantage of its many different capabilities. Between missions, you will upgrade your ship and manage the delicate relationships between the members of your crew.
Set in a space opera setting, the game's epic story puts you in the skin of the space cat Captain Mitzi -- a mercenary hired to smuggle a ship, the Curiosity, to a remote corner of the galaxy. But very soon you'll find out there's more to that ship that you bargained for. What is at stake is more than the fate a single ship, and you'll find yourself with half the galaxy hot on your heels. You have to decide how you will approach this whole mission: you can be a righteous hero, a vengeful pirate, a charming rogue...
Play the free demo of Space Cats Tactics and lead your cat crew to victory!
About Space Cat Tactics
Space Cats Tactics is a space opera turn-based tactical RPG. Combining grid- and turn-based tactical combat (as seen in games like XCOM and Divinity: Original Sin) and inside-ship crew management (like in games such as FTL), in Space Cats Tactics you will have to be on your toes and think every step very carefully.
You are Captain Mitz, a hybrid of cat and man, a member of a species created by humans to be their slave warriors. Eventually, the cats turned against their creators for their freedom and forced them to sign a treaty and liberate the whole catkind. Still despised and feared, they do the jobs no one wants… but they’re still great warriors and space pilots.
Your adventure begins when Captain Mitzi is hired to smuggle a certain ship, the Curiosity, to a remote corner of the galaxy… With the government space ships hot on your heels, your mission will take you to the most remote corners of deep space, facing what looks like insurmountable odds. It will be up to you if you try to be diplomatic or shoot your way out of problems, if you become a righteous hero or a vengeful pirate…
- Fight nerve-wracking space battles in turn-based tactical combat. Your ship and crew will be outnumbered and outgunned – you’ll have to be smarter than your enemies to beat them!
- React to dynamic conditions in every battle: parts of your ship catching fire, clouds of flammable cosmic gas standing in your way, blowing asteroids up to mine resources… No two battles will be alike, and you’ll need to be creative to adapt to every situation!
- Deep combat system: put your tactical skills to the test in grid-based battle maps. Choose how to spend your Action Points between many different kinds of weapons and attacks, special abilities, and consumables.
- Manage your cat crew: send your crew of space cats to different special rooms in your spaceship, activating different abilities that allow you to adapt to different tactical situations. A cat in the right place can make the difference between victory and defeat!
- Two strategic layers: zoom in and out of the spaceship in real time, switching between the space combat layer and the management.
- Customize your ship by buying new rooms and upgrading them to gain new abilities. Adapt it to your playstyle or experiment with different configurations so every playthrough is unique!
- Explore deep space: marvel at the wonders of deep space flying through clouds of gas, mining asteroids for resources you can sell, helping ships in trouble, or boarding derelicts in random NPC encounters.
- Dive into a thrilling space opera story, an epic tale of just heroes, charming rogues and evil villains, full of witty dialogues and choices where every encounter has different outcomes for you to write your own story.