Crimson Tactics: The Rise of The White Banner launches for PC on September 5
Black March Studios has announced that Crimson Tactics: The Rise of The White Banner will exit Early Access and launch for PC (Steam) on September 5.
The tactical RPG originally entered Early Access on July 25, 2023.
A story trailer, Early Access trailer, description, and screenshot set can be found below, via Black March Studios.
Early Access Trailer
Crimson Tactics: The Rise of The White Banner is a turn-based tactical RPG set in a medieval high fantasy world and unfolds an action-packed political story in the country of Wendalle. Experience the fate of a kingdom through the lives of the characters tied together by desire, destiny and demise.
The kingdom of Wendalle is in dire straits! It is divided by differing ideals and flooded with mistrust. A siege leads to a civil war, and the civil war threatens the stability of the entire kingdom as each dukedom competes in a race for Wendalle’s throne.
One of these dukedoms, Swozalta, is ruled by Duke Arsenio Duran, a cruel and cunning man with a sinister plot to acquire higher power and a higher standing within the kingdom. He crushes all those who stand in his way but one opponent seems elusive - a small group of rebels that are persistent in their quest to expose and defeat him. However, the duke’s powerful military is slowly but surely routing this rebellion, and it is slowly becoming obvious that its days are numbered.
You find yourself here. What will you choose? What decisions will you make? Will you value the lives of your comrades, or use them as you see fit? Will you choose to help those in need, or help yourself because your ideals seem clearer? Whatever you choose will change the course of Swozalta, and of the entire kingdom of Wendalle.
Crimson Tactics is heavily influenced by games like Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics Ogre. It brings in a new twist on those classics as well as new improvements and additions to the tactics genre:
- A unique mounting system that includes mounts such as Horses and Dragons.
- Challenging tactical gameplay with aggressive and adaptive enemies.
- A dynamic difficulty option that adjusts difficulty based on player performance.
- Tactical grid-based maps that facilitate a large variety of playstyles.
- The game features a robust Class System with playstyles ranging from melee close-range fighters to long-range archers and mages.
- Classes of characters can be changed regularly and Abilities retained even after a change.
- An extensive Equipment system where you can mix and match different kinds of Weapons and Gear for a more tailored experience.