Square Enix announced this morning that Drakengard 3 will be released on May 20, 2014 in North America, exclusively for PlayStation 3. The Standard Edition available for $49.99 exclusively from the Square Enix Online Store, as well as digitally on PlayStation Network. A Drakengard 3 Collector’s Edition was also announced, which is tagged at $79.99, also a Square Enix Store Exclusive.
For those in Europe, Drakengard 3 will be a digital only title, available on PlayStation Network on May 21st.
NA Pre-Order Details
Pre-order bonuses are given depending on how early you pre-order the game. Details are as follows:
- Tier One: players who place their pre-order from today through March 3 will receive a special Japanese voiceover DLC and automatically unlock the two yet-to-be-announced bonuses;
- Tier Two: from March 4 to April 8, pre-ordering the game will unlock the two remaining unannounced bonuses;
- Tier Three: from April 9 until launch, players will receive the final unannounced locked bonus only.
Players must pre-order Drakengard 3 before March 4 to receive all three special pre-order bonuses.
NA Collector's Edition Details
The collector's edition bonuses are detailed below:
Drakengard 3 Collector’s Edition is limited to 5,000 copies and includes:
· All three tier pre-order incentives mentioned above
· The Complete Novella
· Official Soundtrack CD Sampler
· Prequel Stage DLC – Play as Zero’s sister, One, in this additional level
· Caim Costume DLC – Protagonist of the original Drakengard (Once equipped, stamina consumption decreases by half when using a skill)
· Giant Baby Hat DLC – For your in-game dragon companion
· Drakengard 3 Collectible Poster