2K Games announces XCOM 2 for PC release in November
2K and Firaxis Games today announced that XCOM 2, the sequel to 2012's XCOM: Enemy Unknown, is currently in development for PC. Feral Interactive will also be publishing the game for Linux and Mac platforms. Set twenty years after the events of its predecessor, the alien force has taken control of the global population, building highly advanced megacities . Remnant XCOM forces must find a way to rise from the ashes and eliminate the sinister alien threat and reclaim humanity's homeworld.
Check out the provided details, debut trailer, and screenshots below. For more information, check out the official website at xcom.com. The game is currently scheduled for a November release.
In XCOM 2, the roles have been reversed, and XCOM is now the invading force. They are hampered by limited resources and must constantly evade the alien threat in their new mobile headquarters. Players must use a combination of firepower and stealth-like tactics to help XCOM recruit soldiers and build a resistance network, while attempting to expose the evil alien agenda and save humanity.
XCOM 2 will introduce gameplay features such as procedurally-generated levels, which will make each experience unique to the player, as well as offer a much deeper level of modding support. Additionally, XCOM 2 will offer a variety of new content including five updated soldier classes, increased soldier customization, more alien and enemy types, evolved tactical combat and more.
- XCOM on the Run: Take command of the Avenger, an alien supply craft converted to XCOM's mobile headquarters. Guide your strike force around the world, build popular support, and expose the aliens' sinister plans.
- Recruit Resistance Fighters: Five soldier classes, each with its own skill tree including new class abilities like Momentum, let create specific soldiers for your tactical plan.
- Tactical Guerilla Combat: New Gameplay systems offer more tactical flexibility in combat. The state of the world affects each combat's missions environment. Use concealment to ambush enemy patrols. Loot enemies for precious gear and artifacts. Rescue VIPs and save fallen comrades by carrying them to the extraction point.
- A new breed of Enemy: A diverse cast of enemies from powerful new alien species to the ADVENT, enforcers of the alien regime, offer a distinct tactical challenge.
- Research, Develop, and Upgrade: Configure and build rooms on the Avenger to give XCOM new capabilities on the battlefield. Use your Scientists and Engineeers to research, develop, and upgrade weapons and armor to fit you preferred tactics.
- Each Challenge is a unique Mission: Go on missions around the world, from wildlands to the heart of the alien-contrlled megacities, to the depths of alien installations. The are virutally infinite combinations of maps, missions, and goals.
- Create Custom Mods: Community-focused tools allow you to create your own campaign, tactical gameplay, aliens, classes, strategy game feautures, and share within the Steam Workshop.
- Engage in Head-to-Head Multiplayer: Mix-and-Match squads of humans and aliens battle head-to-head on randomly generated maps.