Final Fantasy XV's Holiday Pack DLC is now available
We're getting close to Christmas, and before it arrives proper Square Enix has one little present for Final Fantasy fans - the release of the first DLC for Final Fantasy XV.
This DLC, the Holiday Pack, adds new items and other bits and pieces to the game for both owners of the game's season pass and for those who just own the vanilla game.
The free version of the Holiday Pack includes the following:
- Warrior’s Fanfare: A scroll of sheet music containing a song of jubilation that provides additional AP for earning an A+ in Offense outside of training.?
- Nixperience Band: A device that stops experience points from being tallied, preventing the party from leveling up for an added challenge.
- Carnival Passport: An adorably adorned ticket that whisks the bearer away to a fun-filled carnival for a limited time.?
- Choco-Mog Tee (available late January 2017): An exclusive T-shirt featuring everyone’s favorite fluffy and feathery friends. Colorful, comfy and appropriate for any carnival-goer.
The game's season pass primarily gives access to the four main DLC items - an expansion each for Prompto, Gladiolus and Ignis and the multiplayer expansion DLC. Owners of it will get the following in the 'Premium' version of the Holiday Pack, however:
- Ring of Resistance: A protective piece of jewelry that renders the entire party to be resistant to magical friendly fire.
- Tech Turbocharger: A device for Noctis that accelerates the tech bar replenishment rate, but freezes the Armiger bar.?
- Armiger Accelerator: A device for Noctis that accelerates the Armiger bar replenishment rate, but freezes the tech bar.
- Blitzer’s Fanfare: A scroll of sheet music containing a song of jubilation that provides additional AP for earning an A+ in Time outside of training.
- Tactician’s Fanfare: A scroll of sheet music containing a song of jubilation that provides additional AP for earning an A+ in Finesse outside of training.
- Key of Prosperity: A lucky charm that increases the rate at which fallen foes leave behind items of value.
- Stamina Badge: A device that enables Noctis to sprint and hang without expending stamina.
- Carnival Passport: An adorably adorned ticket that whisks the bearer away to a fun-filled carnival for a limited time.
- Festive Ensemble (available late January): A fancy and fun outfit perfectly suited for enjoying the festivities. The darling design puts all who see it in high spirits
The Holiday Pack release follows on from yesterday's patch, which fixed bugs and added a New Game + mode.
How to get your Holiday Pack & Holiday Pack Plus items
A question that's already coming up is a pretty simple and obvious question: Just where are the Holiday Pack items once you've downloaded the DLC?
The answer is simpler than you'd think - once you've correctly got the DLC downloaded, it'll crop up in your game and the items will be added to your inventory automatically.
Keep in mind that even if you own the season pass you'll need to go and download the Holiday Pack manually by hitting up the PlayStation or Xbox Live storefronts. To get that, you'll want to search for FF15 proper in the store and then select the option to see its add-ons. Download it and look out for a screen the next time you boot the game - it'll tell you DLC has been detected.