Square Enix Japan just wrapped up a special 30th Anniversary Final Fantasy event. FF doesn't turn 30 until December, but the company picked today, FF7's 20th anniversary, to set out some of their plans for this, a banner birthday year for FF.
We've covered some of the announcements elsewhere, but it only seemed right to round up the general announcements from the event under one banner. So - here's what you need to know. They started off, as you'd expect, with a new FF 30th brand logo drawn by Yoshitaka Amano.
FF15, FF7 Remake and FF12 HD News
- Final Fantasy XV DLC rages on with new announcements and dates for anticipated content.
- There'll be superhero-themed costume DLC for the four main heroes as part of a 'booster pack' DLC on February 21st.
- Episode Gladio will release on March 28th. He's joined by Cor Leonis in the DLC.
- Episode Prompto will release in June.
- Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age is finally coming - and it's not far off.
- Fans will finally be able to play FF12 International Zodiac Job System, and in HD, on July 11th. Japan and Asia will get it a few days later on July 13th.
- Fan favorite Balthier joins World of Final Fantasy as a DLC Champion Summon to celebrate the upcoming release.
- Final Fantasy VII Remake still exists - and Square released a new key artwork for the game showcasing Cloud and a one-winged Sephiroth against the backdrop of Midgar. [via Famitsu]
- Final Fantasy XIV Stormblood is out on June 20th. This isn't exactly new information, but a reminder was issued at the event.
Mobile Game News
- Cloud will join Final Fantasy Brave Exvius on February 6th.
- There'll be a special FF 30th campaign for Brave Exvius, and Yoshitaka Amano has contributed art for it.
- Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omina starts up in Japan on February 1st. Aerith is coming to the game, and will be voiced by Maaya Sakamoto.
- Mobius Final Fantasy is getting FF's most iconic villain: Sephiroth is joining the game.
Other weird and wonderful news
- There's a Final Fantasy-themed wine being released for the 30th. It comes with two Swarovski crystal covered glasses and costs an enormous 100,000 Yen ($880/£700). Two cheaper wines, Ifrit and Shiva themed, are also coming.
- There are also Moogle, Cactuar and Chocobo themed cakes being released in Japan for the 30th.
- Distant Worlds will resume a new worldwide tour for the 30th.
- In Japan, FF15 Piano Collections and FF Brass de Bravo musical tours will also take place.
- Cup Noodle will release 15 new flavors, each based on a classic FF villain. There's also a special fork where the handle is shaped like FF7's Ultima Weapon being released.
- Final Fantasy: Lost Strangers is a new Manga series for Japan.
- Final Fantasy XIV: Daddy of Light is an FF14-themed TV series that tells the story of a father and son who bond through the game.
- There will also be an FF14 escape room in Japan.
- Sapporo Snow Festival in Japan will have an FF7-themed Snow Sculpture featuring Cloud and Sephiroth.
- FF15's Noctis is coming to Itadaki Street.
- There's a new FF Fashion line coming.
- An FF exhibition will take place in Japan in 2018 to celebrate the series' 30th.