Watch the debut trailer for Zero Time Dilemma on the PlayStation 4
Spike Chunsoft today released the first trailer for the PlayStation 4 version of Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma, the third entry in the series. This will be the first time it will be on a home console after previously appearing on the PlayStation Vita, Nintendo 3DS, and PC. The only notable upgrade for this port will be improved visuals from the PC release.
Here's an overview of the game:
Choice is your only method of salvation and your only method of escape. How much of your humanity will you sacrifice to gain your freedom? As a new age of ruin looms large on the horizon, you have to make impossible decisions and weather unimaginable consequences as you straddle the line between absolution and damnation.
- Think Your Way Out – Explore 3-D environments for clues to solve mind-bending puzzles and escape your prison.
- Decision Game – Question your morality in a series of life-or-death decisions where even the best option carries horrifying implications.
- Cinematic Gameplay – Fully voiced and animated story sections push the boundaries of interactive fiction.
- Non-linear Narrative – Jump freely between events and characters to piece together the fractured narrative and unlock multiple endings.
- Old Faces, New Mysteries – Characters from the award-winning Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors and Virtue’s Last Reward are joined by a new cast of participants to bring first-time players up to speed and conclude the series for longtime fans.
Zero Time Dilemma is set to be released for the PlayStation 4 in Japan on August 17 and sometime this fall in the West. In the meantime, you can check out our review for the Vita and 3DS versions.