Shadow of War's Slaughter Tribe Expansion launches alongside new trailer, photo mode update
Middle-Earth: Shadow of War's first Expansion Pass content launched today: the Slaughter Tribe Nemesis Expansion. This content pack contains missions, quests, and fortress apparel specific to aiding your allies against the Slaughter Tribe. This DLC launches alongside a free update that adds Endless Siege and Rebellion gameplay modes, alongside new filters and tools for the game's Photo Mode.
We also have a trailer showing a bunch of blood and butchering if that fancies you.
We have the official press release about the expansion content quoted below.
The gruesome and bloodthirsty Slaughter Tribe comes to Mordor with their own unique weapons, fighting style, added missions, fierce battles, a new fortress theme and more, all brought to life through the Nemesis System. The Slaughter Tribe Nemesis Expansion downloadable content (DLC) includes:
- Tribal Showdowns – New missions allowing players to face down Captains from the Slaughter tribe, with each showdown bringing unique challenges to complete.
- Tribal War Bands – Aid your ally and defeat your nemesis when facing off in the new Tribal War Bands quests as Captains from the Slaughter tribe bring their own forces to clash in battle.
- New Fortress Theme – Fortresses can now be commanded by and embody the characteristics of the Slaughter tribe, including themed monuments, outposts and Overlord throne room.
- Legendary Gear Set – Hunt down Legendary Slaughter tribe Orcs for a new Legendary gear set with additional upgrade challenges.
- Blood Ambush – Repel Captains from the Slaughter tribe as a succession of Orcs stage an ambush in true Slaughter tribe fashion..
Additionally, a number of free content updates and features are also available today for all Middle-earth: Shadow of War owners, including:
- Endless Siege – Defend your fortresses against Sauron’s forces as the Dark Lord tries to reclaim Mordor in the Endless Siege.
- Rebellion – Crush the rebel Ologs and Uruks in your forces as they seek to undermine the Bright Lord.
- Enhanced Photo Mode – Capture every battle and siege and apply new filters, frames and textures with the Enhanced Photo Mode update.
The Slaughter Tribe expansion is the first of four components of Shadow of War's Expansion Pass, with the remaining three being the Outlaw Tribe Nemesis Expansion, The Blade of Galadriel, and The Desolation of Mordor. You can find our review and other Shadow of War content here.