After being leaked last month, Atlus USA has announced that Dragon's Crown Pro will release on PlayStation 4 in North America and Europe in Spring 2018 in both physical and digital formats. The game will be priced at $49.99 ($64.99 CAD and commensurate European pricing). Dragon's Crown Pro will also be playable at PlayStation Experience in Anaheim this weekend.
Dragon's Crown Pro is a side-scrolling brawler developed by the team at Vanillaware (Odin Sphere, Muramasa: The Demon Blade) that features six playable adventurers (Fighter, Dwarf, Amazon, Wizard, Elf, and Sorceress) that explore labyrinthine dungeons in the medieval fantasy kingdom of Hydeland. This PlayStation 4 remaster features 4K resolution, a newly recorded soundtrack, as well as an option to choose between English and Japanese voice-over language. If you have a save file for Dragon's Crown on PlayStation 3 or Vita, you can even transfer your progress over.
Find the announcement trailer, fact sheet, and screenshot set below.
Dragon's Crown Pro retains all the gameplay elements of the original game, including Vanillaware's gorgeous 2-D visual flair and character design, but adds current-gen upgrades.
Dragon's Crown Pro features:
- Visuals Fit for an Ancient Dragon - With beautifully refined artwork and 4K resolution support, Vanillaware's signature art style will come alive as you bludgeon, cleave, shoot, and loot through the dungeons of Hydeland.
- A Rousing Adventurer's Soundtrack - A newly recorded soundtrack by fabled composer Hitoshi Sakimoto, supported by a live orchestra, will accompany daring treasure hunters on their search for the Dragon's Crown.
- Glorious Presentation - Rejoice because English and Japanese audio options will now be available! Plus, game text will be localized in French, Italian, German, and Spanish.
- All the Royal Bells and Whistles - If you already own Dragon's Crown, your saves won't go to waste. There will be online cross-play & cross-save compatibility with existing PS3 and Vita versions. Oh, and all patches, features, and the Storyteller Voice Pack DLC from the original game will be included!
- Four Player Frenzy - With the fun local couch co-op and online multiplayer you remember, up to four players can experience countless hours battling together.