Middle-Earth: Shadow of War - Blade of Galadriel Story Expansion now available
The first post-launch story DLC for Middle-Earth: Shadow of War released today, titled 'Blade of Galadriel'. This expansion allows the player to take control of the elvish assassin Eltariel and take on new Nemesis characters. The DLC can be purchased as stand-alone add-on to the game for $14.99 and is also included in the Season Pass.
Warner Bros. released a trailer which you can check out below:
Plenty of free additions have also been made to the game today, including tweaks to the Nemesis System, Photo Mode updates, and ability to change the game's field of view.
Keeping track of all the post-launch content for Middle Earth: Shadow of War is a bit tricky, so here's the press release in full:
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today released the Blade of Galadriel Story Expansion, all-new downloadable content (DLC) for Middle-earth: Shadow of War allowing gamers to play as the elite Elven warrior Eltariel for the first time. Known by her enemies as the Blade of Galadriel, Eltariel is a deadly assassin working for the Elven Queen, Galadriel, and has been sent to Mordor for millennia to hunt the Nazgûl. The Blade of Galadriel Story Expansion features the following content:
- Play as Eltariel for the first time, an elite assassin known as the Blade of Galadriel, and go head-to-head with the newest addition to the ranks of the Nazgûl.
- Wield Eltariel’s dual Elven blades and harness the Light of Galadriel with a host of deadly new combat abilities, skills and gear.
- Encounter memorable new Nemesis characters, such as Flint, Tinder and the Slayer of the Dead, while battling the Nazgûl and learning more mysteries of their past.
- Gain eight unique Legendary Orcs who can return to join your forces in the main story campaign with new abilities added to the Nemesis System.
- Unlock an Eltariel character skin that can be used in the main story campaign.
Additionally, several new free content updates are also available today for Middle-earth: Shadow of War owners, including:
- Nemesis System Enhancements – Orc Captains (whether friends or foes) can exhibit new traits and behaviors, adding further depth to combat encounters and player interactions, such as:
- Tunnel Rat – Orcs can burrow into the ground and summon Ghûls.
- Sniper Shot – Archers can fire from great distances with pinpoint accuracy.
- Tremor – Ologs can pound the earth with tremendous force, staggering nearby threats and heavily damaging structures.
- Gifts of Treasure – Followers can now bring players the gift of a Treasure Orc, providing even more ways to earn Gems and Mirian.
- Photo Mode Upgrades – New filters, frames and styles, along with adjustable expressions and added stickers, giving players more options for customizing in-game action shots.
- Player Skins – Choose to appear as Talion or Eltariel in the main story campaign.
- Training Orders Update – Players can now upgrade their Orc Followers with Training Orders while in the Garrison, saving time and offering more flexibility in deployment.
- Player Stats Page – New menu for players to track a variety of in-game statistics, including the number and type of enemy kills, dominations and betrayals; fortresses conquered and defended; gear pieces collected and upgraded; and many more.
- Field of View Options – More ways for players to customize the user interface and scale their field of view.
Today’s free content updates accompany a number of previously released free features, all available for Middle-earth: Shadow of War owners, including Endless Siege, Rebellion, Enhanced Photo Mode, Online Fight Pits and Gravewalker Difficulty.
A complete list of the Expansion Pass content is provided below. For more information, check out the Official Middle-earth: Shadow of War Expansion Pass Trailer.
- Expansion Pass – Includes the Slaughter Tribe Nemesis Expansion (avail. now), Outlaw Tribe Nemesis Expansion (avail. now), The Blade of Galadriel Story Expansion (avail. now) and The Desolation of Mordor Story Expansion (coming May 2018) – $39.99 (*Expansion Pass also incl. as part of Gold Edition for $99.99)
- Story Expansion Pass – Includes both The Blade of Galadriel Story Expansion and The Desolation of Mordor Story Expansion – $24.99
- Slaughter Tribe Nemesis Expansion – Available à la carte – $14.99
- Outlaw Tribe Nemesis Expansion – Available à la carte – $14.99
- The Blade of Galadriel Story Expansion – Available à la carte – $14.99
- The Desolation of Mordor Story Expansion – Available à la carte – $19.99