Square Enix, Obsidian and Gas Powered Games Partner for Dungeon Siege III
Square Enix have announced that they are to partner with Obsidian Entertainment and Gas Powered Games to produce Dungeon Siege III for the Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and PC.
Dungeon Siege III is the latest game to be announced as part of Square Enix's ongoing strategy of partnering with Western game developers to create Western-centric games. Dungeon Siege is a classic Western RPG series created by Chris Taylor, who is now the boss of Gas Powered Games, who worked with Square Enix for Supreme Commander 2.
Obsidian will take on actual development duties while Square Enix will fund and publish the game. Chris Taylor and Gas Powered Games will work in an advisory role, ensuring the new title is true to the original vision of the series that Chris Taylor and his team had when conceiving the series.
Not much is known about the actual game, but Square Enix did list some features in the press release:
- For the first time, play Dungeon Siege on high-def consoles.
- Players will be able to adventure by themselves or with friends in co-op multiplayer.
- Uncover a deep story that only Square Enix and Obsidian Entertainment can deliver.
- Pick from unique and highly customizable character classes with a wide range of abilities to choose from.
- Recruit companions with unique personalities, abilities and views on the world around them.
- Players will have weighty decisions to make that will impact their alliances, enemies and the culmination of the story.
There's also been a bunch of artwork released for the game. Check out the logo below, and head on over to the Media Vault to see the rest!