This post originally appeared on Nova Crystallis
Just one day before the official launch of Final Fantasy XV Royal and Windows Editions, Square Enix announced an update to both the base game as well as the online mode “Comrades”. Here are the updates to the game.
March 3rd, 2018 – Patch Notes
- Inclusion of character dossiers (accessible from the Archives)
- Announcement of winning snapshots from fourth photo contest (viewable at Mother of Pearl at Galdin Quay)
- Implementation of new quests in Chapter 10
- Addition of new Comrades quests (exclusive to COMRADES)
- Implementation of new Royal Sigils (exclusive to COMRADES)
- Introduction of chocobo breeding feature (exclusive to COMRADES)
- Addition of new trophies (exclusive to COMRADES)
- Various bug fixes
In the Comrades update there are a few different types of content added to the game.
Comrades in Arms Quest
- Play as Noctis, Gladiolus, Prompto and Ignis in this special quest.
- The quest is a culmination of the three main types of quests “Hunt”, “Defense” and “Escort”.
- When you speak to Monica, you can chose the option of “ten years later” for character appearance.
- Pick which of the four characters you wish to play. The matching system will ensure that no two same character will be matched into your quest. In the event that it can’t find a math, you’ll be paired up with AI companions.
- Your equipment is pre-selected for you and cannot be changed.
- You’ll get a first time clear reward for special avatar items which include “ancestor’s face”, “hairstyle” and “eyebrows” for the character you cleared on.
- You wont be receiving EXP for your character, but you will obtain loot from enemies that will carry over.
- You can raise a wild Chocobo, open up new power supply routes, or make them fight in the Chocobo Monster Arena
- After the events at Galdin Quay, you will be able to catch and raise a wild Chocobo
- In order to start catching the Chocobos, you need to begin the quest with the Chocobo Mark on the quest screen
- You can raise up to 10 Chocobos
- You can’t ride your Chocobo out on the field
New Royal Sigils
There now are an additional six new Royal Sigils to chose from.
- The Mystic – Attack magic turns into “Black Hole”
- The Fierce – Various attacks change to Fighting. Build gauge and deal a deadly attack
- The Wise – Attack magic changes to “Jump”, recovery magic turns into “Dragon Sword”
- The Conqueror – Attack magic changes to “Element Change”
- The Clever – Attack magic changes to “Special Arms”
- The Father – Attack magic changes to Revitalize
After the events in Galdin Quay, a new supply route to the new King’s Tomb will be added. When collecting all the Sigils, you’ll gain access to the hardest quest.
New Base: Cape Caem
You’ll have access to basic functions like quests, transmission stations, character changing, weapon remodeling, etc. There are also unique Chocobo breeding stables and Chocobo monster stadiums. If you manually save and exit from this location, you can start here next time you log back in. This area can be unlocked after the events at Galdin Quay.
New Base: Norduscaen Garrison
It’s a small base similar to Old Lestallum and Meldacio Hunter HQ. There is a training grounds area with supernatural armor. This can be unlocked after the events of Galdin Quay.
- Level cap raised from 50 to 99
- Weapon level cap increased from 99 to 120. To exceed 99, you need to use the special material “Meteorite” when remodeling.
- Acquiring a “circuit diagram” you’ll be able to dismantle a modified weapon.
- New chefs added: Libertus, Gentiana, Cor, Aranea and Iris.
- You can purchase Meteor shards with gil.
- New weapons, abilities and materials for remodeling added.
- New avatar options for story character ancestor faces, hair styles and costumes were added.
That about wraps it up for this week’s update! Keep in mind, these changes will be heading to the PC release as well of course when it launches tomorrow March 6th.