Idea Factory has announced that Megadimension Neptunia VIIR is scheduled to be released in North America on May 8 exclusively for the PlayStation 4. They also revealed that those in Europe will have to wait for an announcement at a later date.
For those unaware, Megadimension Neptunia VIIR is a remaster of the original Megadimension Neptunia VII using a new engine to give it enhanced visuals, a redone battle system, and PlayStation VR functionality. The VR content is restricted to a Player Room which you will be able to redecorate and interact with the CPU Goddesses.
Here is the run-down of the game courtesy of Idea Factory:
Gamindustri – a world sitting at the convergence of multiple dimensions. Of these existed the Zero Dimension, a world on the brink of collapse.
Zero Dimension’s last guardian, Uzume Tennouboshi, waged a war against a mysterious evil known as the Dark CPU. Her desperate cries for help crossed dimensions and reached Neptune, the CPU of Planeptune, who would leave her world to join the fight.
Their fateful meeting would open the path to a new adventure.
And once their world is saved, they’ll join you in yours!
- Visual Enhancements – Rendered in a new engine, you’ll experience a smoother, richer graphical experience!
- Waifus go 3D – The Gamindustri Goddesses dimension-hop right into your PlayStation VR headset! For the first time ever, you can interact with the Goddesses in VR one-on-one while they explore you, The Player’s, room.
- New World, New Fights – A renovated battle system allows you to set each attack combo mid-battle and introduces new elements of strategy and resource-management.
- Console Wars go Next-Gen – Transform into even more powerful beings with their NEXT forms, and take control of a different set of characters who want to run Gamindustri!
- Virtual Relaxation – Customize your VR room’s furniture with Nep-worthy looks!
For more information, be sure to check out my review of the original where I basically called it the best entry of the series thus far (which still rings true in my eyes).