Sega Genesis Classics Announced - Here are the RPGs in this Collection
Sega Genesis Classics has been announced for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One (with a free update coming to the existing PC Sega collection) with a May 29 release date. With over fifty games in the collection, you have to be wondering, what are the RPG offereings for this retro collection? We have the lineup below!
First, though, take a look at the announcement trailer for Sega Genesis Classics:
Sega Genesis Classics RPGs
Here are the RPGs you'll be seeing in this new collection. Since this collection only includes Genesis titles, we'll be missing the first Phantasy Star title, but otherwise this is a pretty solid selection of titles:
- Beyond Oasis - A Zelda-like title that is downright beautiful.
- Fatal Labyrinth - A difficult rogue-like that will take fans many attempts to beat.
- Phantasy Star II - A notoriously difficult, but well-loved turn based RPG.
- Phantasy Star III: Generations of Room - An RPG with an interesting generational system, but often regardless as the black sheep of the series.
- Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millenium - The final traditional Phantasy Star RPG before the series went the MMO route, with impressive graphics and cutscenes.
- Shining in the Darkness - The first game of the Shining series is a first person dungeon crawler.
- Shining Force - The first SRPG that gained the Shining series its initial popularity.
- Shining Force II - Another SRPG that's the well-regarded sequel to the original Shining Force.
- Sword of Vermillion - An Action RPG what recieved high priase upon its intital release.
With nine RPG or RPG-like offerings, this doesn't seem like a bad deal for genre fans to grab! Of course, the Genesis Classics also includes games from well-beloved series like Sonic the Hedgehog and Toejam and Earl, so this compliation will be sure to please.
Sega Genesis Classics will release on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One May 29 2018, with a free update releasing for PC the same day.