Bethesda Softworks has announced the next major expansion pack for The Elder Scrolls Online, titled Summerset. This expansion is set on the Elvish Isle of Summerset, a location not explored since the franchises first game in The Elder Scrolls: Arena. As you might expect in a major expansion, Summerset includes a 'massic' new zone, a new 'epic' storyline, a new skill line based on the Psijic Order, and the introduction of Jewelry Crafting. A prologue quest to the expansion is available today by obtaining the Mage's Message Stone from the in-game Crown Store.
The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset is set to release on June 5 for PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. You can find two trailers and a press release in full below.
SUMMERSET ISLE UNLOCKED
By the decree of Queen Ayrenn, Summerset Isle is now open to foreigners, but a Daedric threat looms over the breathtaking home of the High Elves. Players will travel to the Summerset Isle, gather allies, and unravel a shadowy conspiracy that threatens all of Tamriel. ESO: Summerset is packed with exciting new features and challenges, including:
- A New Zone: Summerset Isle, a uniquely beautiful land that’s an even larger addition than last year’s massive Vvardenfell from ESO: Morrowind
- An Epic Main Story: More of ESO’s award-winning story concludes the Daedric drama that began in 2015’ Orsinium DLC
- The Psijic Order: For the first time in an Elder Scrolls game, join the mysterious Psijic Order and explore their secretive home city of Artaeum
- New Skill Line: Master the magic of the mages of the Psijic Order to gain a new combat skill line and wield powers over time itself
- Jewelry Crafting: ESO’s latest crafting skill allows players to” create powerful gear for their characters
- New Group PvE Challenges: Players can band together to face the challenges of Cloudrest, a new 12-player Trial, new Delves and Bosses, and other content including the Abyssal Geysers
NEW CONTENT IS FOR BOTH FIRST-TIME AND VETERAN PLAYERS
The Elder Scrolls Online’s unique Chapter structure and level-scaling means that the new content is easily accessible and fun for both new and veteran players. Both level 1 and max-level fans will find challenges in Summerset appropriate to their abilities, and they can play side-by-side in a group to explore and conquer the new zone and stories.
- New Players: New players can start a character and jump right into ESO: Summerset without having to complete previous ESO content. A fresh tutorial and starter area will get them up-and-running quickly, ready to save Tamriel from the Daedric conspiracy.
- Current Players: Veteran players can upgrade to ESO: Summerset and take their existing characters into the new zone, or, start out with a fresh warrior if they wish. With tons of new group content and stories to discover, Summerset is where every ESO fan should go to dive even deeper into the world of the Elder Scrolls.
PRE-PURCHASE BONUSES OFFER INSTANT ACCESS TO ESO
With several pre-order and pre-purchase options available, players can earn amazing rewards, and even immediate access to existing ESO content, when they buy the game. Depending on the version purchased, a player can unlock incredible in-game bonuses or even instantly have access to the ESO base game or last year’s massive Chapter update, ESO: Morrowind. For all of the details on pre-order and pre-purchase options for the Standard Edition, Upgrade Editions, and Collector’s Editions, please see the article https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26343.
FREE PLAY WEEK – STARTS TODAY
For players who can’t wait and want to discover why ESO has been named the Best MMORPG on any platform for multiple years running, beginning today, they can play the base game for free for a limited time. ESO’s Free Play Event begins today for PC/Mac and PlayStation®4, and starts tomorrow for Xbox One. The Free Play Event will allow access to base game content and will run until March 27. To get started, visit the Free Play page and select your platform of choice, or visit https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26335 for more details.
For even more details on the new Chapter, please visit the article on the game’s web site at: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26341