With the most recent issue of Famitsu, a new batch of information regarding Ryu ga Gotoku Studio's Project JUDGE has been released. This new information details the Friend Event system, which in some part is vaguely similar to the assist system found in previous Ryu ga Gotoku Studio titles Yakuza 2 and Yakuza Kiwami 2. This system allows you to create and strengthen bonds with the residents of Kamurocho to various benefits.
However, a new feature has also been added allowing players to date at least three different girls during the course of the game; one of them has been revealed and is college student Tsukino Saotome. You can find more information about this system and other NPCs Kimura can interact with below.
- Increasing bonds with various residents and other NPCs have the potential to unlock new "side cases" for Kimura, Project JUDGE's side story feature similar to that of the Yakuza series.
- Sakura Amamiya, a woman from Sotenbori, can be befriended. By becoming her friend you can receive an on-duty massage.
- Ryan Acosta, a ninja and foreigner, will come to your aid in battle if he is befriended. This is similar to features previously available in Yakuza 2 and Yakuza Kiwami 2.
- Strengthening your bond with the manager of Kyushu No.1 Star will gift you items you can use in combat.
- Increasing friendship with specific NPCs will allow Kimura to date said characters. These girlfriends will be able to be taken on dates. There are three different prospects for players to date. So far only Tsukino Saotome has been revealed.
Project JUDGE is scheduled to be released exclusively for the PlayStation 4 in the west and Japan sometime in 2019. You can find more of our coverage on Project JUDGE here.
Update (November 8): Sega has posted new screenshots for Project Judge.