Korean MMORPG 'Lost Ark' planned for release in North America and Europe
Smilegate, a South Korean games publisher, has revealed plans to release MMORPG Lost Ark in English in North America and Europe. The game has recently entered an open beta test in South Korea, nearly four years after its original announcement in 2014. The game is often described as an MMORPG with a Diablo-like fast-paced gameplay style.
Plans to pursue a western launch have been made public since September, but with the recently released Open Beta, it seems an English release is within the companies future plans. This especially notable with recent issues with China freezing license approvals, preventing expansion into that region at current.
Check out two recently posted trailers below accompanying the Open Beta launch.
Lost Ark Open Beta CG Trailer
Lost Ark Open Beta Gameplay Trailer
Here is a game overview from MMOs.com
Lost Ark is an upcoming MMORPG that combines the fast paced gameplay found in action RPGs like Diablo 3 with the sense of discovery and immersion found in open world MMORPGs. The game will feature both open world environments and instanced raids like those found in Vindictus. Players will even be able to discover unique islands in Lost Ark as they explore the World Map abroad their own ships. Lost Ark has some similarities to Lineage Eternal, another upcoming Korean MMORPG, but seems to offer a wider range of features.
Lost Ark Key Features:
- Set Sail for Adventure – explore the world on your own Ark to discover unique areas or hunt for treasure!
- Multiple Classes – seven classes revealed thus far with up to eighteen in total awaiting release.
- Raid Bosses and Cinematic Dungeons – team up to defeat powerful bosses on interactive battlegrounds.
- The Colosseum – challenge other players to combat in 1v1 or 3v3 PvP matches.
- Tripod Skill System – mix different skill elements to perform different variants of the same base skills.
- Mini Games – take a break at the local tavern and challenge players to a monster card game or keg drinking contest.
- Live Your Life – mine, fish, dig for artifacts, chop trees, and practice other life skills to collect valuable resources.
- Island Ownership – conquer and manage your own island as you see fit.