Zanki Zero: Last Beginning - Gameplay Trailer + localization changes outlined
Spike Chunsoft has posted a new trailer for Zanki Zero: Last Beginning, which gives a thorough outline of what kind of gameplay and combat mechanics we can expect in the survival dungeon crawler RPG.
Check out the video below.
Spike Chunsoft has also revealed that some content changes have been made from the Japanese release of the game in order to 'ensure a release for the west'. We've posted the changes below, as listed on Spike Chunsoft's blog.
To ensure a release for the West, changes were made to comply with the Western market. These content changes will also be included in the localized PlayStation®4 and Steam® (PC) versions. To reduce content which could be interpreted as sexualization of characters depicted as minors, the following changes have been made:
- PlayStation®4 Packaging art
- In order to conform to public storefront display standards, images that can be interpreted as too sexually provocative must be modified.
- Sachika Bedroom Scene CGIs
- In the Japanese release, Sachika's panties are visible. In the Western release, Sachika is wearing pajama bottoms.
- Sachika CGI in the Opening Scene
- In the Japanese release, Sachika's panties are visible. In the Western release, the camera angle has been raised to not show Sachika's panties.
- Child Rinko Extend Machine CGI
- In the Japanese release, Child Rinko covers her chest with her arms. In the Western release, the position of her arms has been adjusted.
- All “Child” bedtime event cutscenes removed
Zanki Zero: Last Beginning is set to release on April 9 in North America and Europe for PlayStation 4 and PC.