Warhammer: Chaosbane outlines post-launch roadmap
Ahead of the game's launch next week, Bigben and EKO Software have laid out the 'endgame' and post-launch roadmap for Warhammer: Chaosbane. A new trailer highlights what players can expect once they finish the main storyline, as well as what DLC content is in store.
Find the trailer and overview below. Warhammer: Chaosbane is set to release for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on June 4. In case you missed it, you can check out a recently released story trailer.
- Once the main quest is finished, the player will be able to restart with a new character while keeping everything they’ve previously unlocked: crafting, fragments, money, etc.
- Additionally, finishing the game will unlock different endgamemodes:
- Expedition mode: the best way to start a fast game, alone or with friends, in randomly-generated levels.
- Relic hunt: the player may purchase a map from the Collector’s Guild in order to get access to a dungeon which offers several difficulty levels and lets players collect heroic gear.
- Boss Rush: lets you confront the campaign bosses as quickly as possible in order to test builds and gear.
- Regular updates available for everyone:
- The first will add a difficulty level and new gear.
- Then a permanent death mode will be added.
- A new heroic set for each of the heroes and extra difficulty levels.
- An increase to maximum character level.
- Paid updates (included with the Season Pass):
- The first DLC will offer new emotes and a passive skill letting you increase the chances of finding heroic items.
- The following DLC will then add a passive skill letting you more easily find God fragments, as well as an alternative God skill tree for each character.
- The third DLC will contain new companions for all playable characters.
- The fourth DLC will contain an entirely new story, told through a new act, separate from the main campaign,taking place in never-before-seen environments. This time, instead of the forces of Chaos, you’ll face off against ancient undead evil in the form of the Tomb Kings.