Summon Majima and company into battle in Yakuza: Like a Dragon
Both Famitsu and 4Gamer, along with the official Ryu ga Gotoku Twitter, were abuzz with new information on Yakuza: Like a Dragon shortly before it's Japanese release. While most of what was shared served as elaborations on information shown in previous trailers, we were given more details about the various allies that can join Kasuga and crew in combat via the Delivery Help system.
There are plenty of familiar faces, such as previous series protagonist Kazuma Kiryu and the ever popular Goro Majima, that are now confirmed to join the line-up. However, some fresh bits of news included biographies for Daigo Dojima of Yakuza Kiwami 2 fame and Masaru Watase of Yakuza 5. You can check out and read the summaries of these characters below and the brief synopsis of their Delivery Help skills as well.
Daigo Dojima: Former Sixth Chairman of the Tojo Clan. His whereabouts have been unknown since the Tojo Clan was destroyed by the "Kamurocho 3K Plan" enacted by the police.
Masaru Watase: The second head of the Omi Alliance, though he is currently in prison. Masumi Arakawa serves as Acting Captain while he is away.
Delivery Help Summon Abilities
- Kiryu's Skill - The Dragon's Extreme Essence: Kiryu's overwhelming aura summons the strength of the legendary dragon to hit the enemy with a powerful blow.
- Saejima's Skill - Fierce Tiger Whirlwind Wave: Saejima uses his strength to create a tornado with a manhole cover. The wind engulfs nearby signs and cars, hitting enemies with this ferocious storm.
- Majima's Skill - Lightning Demon Blade: Majima throws countless daggers that strike into the ground before calling forth lightning to electrocute and burn enemies.
- Daigo's Skill - Poem of the Yakuza: Calling forth the spirits of former Tojo Clan members, the former Sixth Chairman showers enemies with a rain of bullets.
- Masaru Watase - Asura's Hundred Fists: With an impossible amount of heat, Watase hits the enemy with such strength and speed innumerable after images of these strikes conjure up the image of Asura.
You can also check out the trailer where some of these abilities are shown off below. Though they are merely brief seconds it offers some glimpse as to how Majima's Delivery Help ability will function in some aspect. You can also check out a short TV commercial that shows off more RPG elements in Yakuza: Like a Dragon. We've also covered other character bios which you can read here to catch yourself up on any additions you might be missing.
Yakuza: Like a Dragon will be released first for PlayStation 4 in Japan and East Asia on January 16. The Western localization will follow later in 2020.