Code Vein 'Frozen Empress' DLC available now
Bandai Namco has released the second of three pieces of DLC content for Code Vein. Titled 'Frozen Empress', this pack is available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Steam for $9.99 or included within the game's $24.99 Season Pass.
This follows the first DLC pack, Hellfire Knight, which released in January.
Find a trailer, description, and some screenshots below via Bandai Namco.
Challenge “Frozen Empress” of the Great Collapse Horror
- Frozen Empress of the Great Collapse Horror controls ice-elemental attacks with their cold iron armor.
- 2 crystals accompany the empress, occasionally triggering advantageous support effects.
- Block the “crystals’ support” using weapons and Gifts to successfully battle the Frozen Empress.
Clear the “Horror Hunting Trials” to Obtain Your Bonus
The following bonuses can be acquired by fulfilling conditions during the battle against “Frozen Empress”. Check the achievement conditions for more information on how to unlock your bonus.
Bonuses of the “Horror Hunting Trials”
Mia/Yakumo in Dark version, Another version
- 3 color variations are available for Another Version costumes.
Blood Code “Ymir” reproducing the power of Frozen Empress
- Blood code with the strong ice-elemental Gift like Frozen Empress.
- Gift: Frost Turrent - Creates a frozen condensed mass that periodically shoots out ice shards.
- Gift: Hoarfrost Stream - Shoots freezing beams of light in all directions, sweeping down any foes in their way.
- The sealed Gifts can be unlocked by obtaining the bonus, “Ymir Frostcore” of the “Horror Hunting Trials”.Advertisement. Keep scrolling for more
Weapons and Blood Veils affected by Frozen Empress
- 4 kinds of new weapons are available with DLC 2.
- Bayonet, Two-handed sword, Halberd and Hammer affected by Hoarfrost appear imbued in frigid cold. Charged attack can add the ice element to a weapon.
- There are 2 kinds of Blood Veils. Each has great abilities with high elemental defense power and stats scaling.
- You can obtain new items such as accessories of the blood code theme available in the DLC 2 in addition to the face paints and accessories using Mia’s and Yakumo’s character icons and blood codes as motifs.
New Depth Field - “Celestial Ice Prison”
You can go into the frigid Depth made with the multi-layer structure precipices and the caves with lined by stone pillars.
Lost are awaiting inside the complex landscape. Observe the structure well and take the appropriate route to move forward. Items may be hidden in unexpected places, so it is important to advance carefully
The map of the Depth “Celestial Ice Prison”, can be acquired in the room added in the path extending from “Crypt Spire” to “Provisional Government Outskirts”.
Items Available during Exploration
Pollux Core Fragment
Blood code with strong vitality and strength, good with a powerful frontal assault. Offensive blood code with strong vitality (HP) and balance, striking down enemies by force utilizing its strength.
- Steadfast Strike - Delivers a single strike that is highly resistant to staggering.
- Usurper’s Blade - Slash at an enemy and recover HP.Advertisement. Keep scrolling for more
Blood code available to obtain the Gift specialized in the support ability assisting the partner. You can see one of Memory Echoes of the Successor who sealed a horror.
- Offensive Order - Temporarily lowers your defense and increases attack power for both you and your partner.
Each DLC pack contains 1 Memory Echo.
You can see all the “Memory Echoes” by purchasing all DLCs.