The Iron Oath is being developed by a two-person team at Curious Panda Games, who ran a successful Kickstarter campaign for the game in 2017 raising $94,524 for the project.
Find the clip from today's presentation below (jump to 4:00), a description, and a screenshot set below via Humble Bundle.
The Iron Oath is a turn-based tactical RPG that is set in a dark fantasy world. Recruit, manage, and embark on missions with a roster of mercenaries, testing the limits of their mortality. Every decision made carries weight and can have a minor or major influence on your characters and the world that surrounds them. As you and your company progress, the world changes dynamically, enabling new storylines to discover and resulting in a unique experience for every playthrough.
- Tactical turn-based Combat: Deadly foes, traps and destructible objects means one misstep could be your party’s undoing. Proper planning and execution is vital to your success.
- A Large and Dynamic Overworld: 9 regions with over 50 hubs to visit. Cities can be overtaken, destroyed and rebuilt; while various factions can emerge, rise and fall. A playthrough can potentially last hundreds of years, resulting in many changes to the initial world state.
- In-depth Guild Management: Control your guild's finances, resources, alliances and roster. Your characters will age, retire and frequently die in combat and you will need to recruit and train their replacements.
- Character Development: Every recruitable character has their own personal backstory, incorporating events that have taken place during your playthrough. Their persona is subject to change as their careers progress. Based off their traits they will interact and converse with each other, in addition to offering their input on any decisions you make.
- Decisions Matter]: Your choices bear consequences and they can affect your characters, your company and the many factions that exist throughout the world.