Pathfinder: Kingmaker launches for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on August 18
During today's IGN Expo Day 1 streaming event, Owlcat Games revealed that Pathfinder: Kingmaker Definitive Edition will launch for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on August 18.
Pathfinder: Kingmaker is an isometric computer RPG based on the Pathfinder pen-and-paper game, successfully Kickstarted in 2017 by Owlcat Games. It originally released in 2018, but the game was woefully undercooked at launch. After some much-needed patching, we ultimately ended up quite positive on the game.
The console version will notably include a turn-based mode in addition to real-time w/ pause. While Pathfinder: Kingmaker did not officially support turn-based on PC, there is a well-received user mod, which perhaps acted as a source of inspiration for the port. Definitive Edition also includes all of the PC version DLC included with the game.
Check out the new trailer below, alongside a description of the Definitive Edition contents and set of screenshots.
"Pathfinder: Kingmaker – Definitive Edition" Content:Pathfinder: Kingmaker takes players on tour through the infamous Stolen Lands, the dangerous and turbulent territories well known within Pathfinder fandom. The computer RPG revisits familiar characters and well-known locations of the "series" lore and treats players to brand new adventures, deadly foes, and unforeseen twists and turns. Fans of the fantasy pen-and-paper RPG will experience its epic, heroic universe in new ways while computer RPG gamers will discover their favorite genre in a more contemporary light, in stunning 3D graphics that bring the universe to life.
Pathfinder: Kingmaker will challenge players as both adventurers and rulers as they claim explored lands and carve their kingdom from the wilderness. Kingdom founding goes beyond simple stronghold-building to become a true reflection of the hero’s character and choices made throughout the game. Each kingdom is a living thing shaped by alignment, choices, allies, and the hero’s ability to lead his or her people.
The Definitive Edition features all previously released DLCs:
- Pathfinder: Kingmaker - The Wildcards: Intrepid explorers of The Stolen Lands can discover a new playable race the Tieflings, harness the power of a newly playable class Kineticists, and booster their party with the companion the Tiefling Kineticist, who brings her own and rich, engaging storyline.
- Pathfinder: Kingmaker - ’Varnhold’s Lot: Just as you were claiming your first title, another hero of the Stolen Lands became a baron too: Maegar Varn, captain of the Varnling Host mercenary band and rightful ruler of Varnhold. In this DLC, you join Varn as his general, and experience ’Varnhold’s valorous history first-hand. Playing a full new storyline that runs parallel to the main story, players will import the results of this adventure to their main story, facing the consequences of their choices when moving forward with their main party and storyline.
- Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Beneath The Stolen Lands: Beneath The Stolen Lands, valiant adventurers meet with the self-proclaimed protector of Golarion and discover what secrets lie buried beneath the Stolen Lands, in a shifting labyrinth of madness where nothing is what it seems as they defend the lands against one of the most deadly enemies the world has ever seen. Enter the dungeon as your main character. Alternatively, you can wait for an invitation from a mysterious protector of Golarion as you play through the main story. The pre-set version of the dungeon is included in the main campaign, allowing you to use your character and companions to conquer the Tenebrous Depths.
- Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Bloody Mess: The name says it all – adding more blood and gore to the game as an additional option.
- Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Arcane Unleashed: DLC adding more magic and spells to the game.
- Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Royal Ascension: Includes Soundtrack, Digital Artbook, two in-game portraits, board game module, hi-rez map, and a red panda.