FFXIV Valentione's Day 2022 Event - How to begin and get the Postmoogle Barding
The Final Fantasy XIV Valentines event is back for 2022, and this year the Valentione’s Day festivities bring painfully cute Chocobo fashion and a lovey-dovey housing item. The celebration has already begun as of today, February 8, and ends on Monday, February 21, at 6:59 am PST.
This year’s romantic questline is short; the cutscenes will likely take you longer to finish than anything else. Everything stays confined to Gridania, though, so you can quickly complete it and get your Postmoogle Barding.
- Beginning FFXIV Valentines Event 2022
- Completing Loves Labors and Better Letters
- FFXIV Valentione 2022 Event Rewards
The FFXIV Valentine’s Day event begins in Gridania. Take the Aetheryte to Mih Khetto’s Amphitheatre and speak to Lisette de Valentione in Old Gridania (X:10.2, Y:9.4) for the quest No Love Lost.
She’ll ask you to help Kupka Kupp, an overworked Postmoogle seeking help during the delivery service’s hectic season of love. After you’ve accepted the quest, complete the following tasks:
- Find Pukty Piko near the Carpenters’ Guild - New Gridania (X:10.8, Y:12.0)
- Speak with Pukty Piko near the Botanists Guild - Old Gridania (X:10.8, Y:12.0)
- Speak with Pukty Piko again beside the Whistling Miller - Old Gridania (X:9.1, Y:7.8)
- Speak to the Moogle again near Apkallu Falls - Old Gridania (X:10.3, Y:6.7)
- Return to Mih Khetto’s Amphitheatre to report to Kupka Kupp
It’s pretty simple to wrap up the initial, rewardless Valentine event quest. The Postmoogle should have another quest for you to begin that unlocks the Chocobo barding.
Speaking to Kupka Kupp again tasks you with Love’s Labors, the FFXIV Valentines event quest that rewards your Warrior of Light with adorable Chocobo barding.
To complete Love’s Labors, you’ll need to do the following:
- Find Aloyse in Old Gridania (X:8.2, Y:10.3)
- Return to Mih Khetto’s Amphitheatre to speak to Aloyse again
- Talk to Aloyse again in the same spot at the Amphitheatre
- Find Aloyse again north of Apkallu Falls in Old Gridania (X:8.2, Y:10.3)
- For the last time, return to Mih Khetto’s Amphitheatre and speak to Lisette
Completing this quest gives you the achievement Honorificabilitudinitatibus and the Postmoogle Barding.
Putty Piko is left at Mih Khetto’s Amphitheatre after you’ve completed the two quests above and gives you the Better Letters quest. It’s not required for the achievement or barding rewards and gives you Prismatic Hearts available from the Valentione’s Day seasonal event shop. It may not give you much in terms of rare items, but the dialogue is pretty cute!
The shop for this year’s Valentione event is in Old Gridania (X:10.6, Y:8.8) - the vendor is standing just outside the decorated amphitheater. Interact with the House Valentione Maid, and she’ll offer three items exclusive to the FFXIV (until they inevitably come to the online store in a year).
You don’t need special event currency, just gil, to pick up event goodies. New items for sale include:
- Valentione Mobile - 6,000 gil
- Prismatic Heart (Left) - 8 gil
- Prismatic Heart (Right) - 8 gil
The Valentione Mobile is a heart and star, gently rotating housing item to hang from a wall. Both Prismatic Heart items are one side of a single-use, seasonally themed party favor, creating half of a (either the left or right side) over your Warrior of Light’s head. Make sure to buy a hefty supply if you plan on using several through the year.
Postmoogle Barding is not available from this shop and requires completing both event quests.