While you might be a legendary and super-powered Phantom Thief in the metaverse, Persona 5 still follows the series tradition of having you live out the day-to-day life of an average high schooler at the same time. Having a double life ain't easy, and it means that you have to go to class and try your best to keep your grades up.
This isn't just story-based window dressing in Persona 5: one of the major character trait stats that is used in the game is Knowledge, and your performance in school both impacts and is directly impacted by your knowledge stat. Knowledge is important: it helps you to pass certain speech checks, be that trying to chomp down an enormous burger or trying to get a little closer to a particularly smart confidant to advance your relationship.
Knowledge can also help to boost your popularity (as Persona 4's creeper teacher once said once said, popularity leads to intimacy) in a manner of speaking - if you get high marks on your exams, your Charm, another key stat, will rise. Charm is one of the more difficult stats to grind, so this is useful - and also remember that any stat gains socially will carry over to new game plus, if you're crazy enough to put some 200 hours into this admittedly amazing thing.
Every time you get a question right in class you'll gain a little bit of knowledge, but that alone won't be enough, so be sure to take out the time to do some studying too. You can do this in a few places such as the Shibuya Cafe, Leblanc or the School Library. Below, we've listed all the test answers so you'll never get one wrong. We won't tell anyone about this little... aide-memoire. You're already a thief - what's a little grade massaging?
Persona 5 School Class Answers - April & May
- 4/12 - A soul is composed of appetite, spirit, and what else?
- 4/19 - Is the line extending from A connected to B or C? Which is it?
- Line C. (Question option B)
- 4/23 - What event did Emperor Nero add to the Olympics so he could participate?
- 4/25 - Q1: What's the common usage of Kakushinhan again, regarding an action you take?
- Answer 1: Knowing your actions are wrong.
- Q2: But the real kakushinhan is the opposite, right? So the opposite means...
- Answer 2: Conviction that you're right.
- 4/27 - How many colors does it take to paint every region without any two adjacent ones being the same color?
- Four Colours.
- 4/30 - Q1: First off, the "wunder" part probably means...
- Answer 1: Wonder.
- Q2: Next, the "kind" part. That's probably...
- Answer 2: Child.
- Q3: So a "wunderkind" would be...
- Answer 3: A prodigy.
- 5/7 - What do people generally call a woman who has a charm that sometimes leads men to their doom?
- A femme fatale.
- 5/10 - Who do you think is the origin of the term "Magistrate's patronage"?
- Minamoto no Yoshitsune.
Midterm Exam Answers: 5/11 - 5/14
- Although the line connects A to C it looks like it connects to B instead. What is this phenomenon called?
- Question 1: An Optical Illusion.
- If how they're seeing things is different, it probably has to do with this sort of information...
- Question 2: Visual Information.
- What takes the visual information from your eyes and processes it is the, uh...
- Question 3: Brain.
- The brain processes visual information. So, the reason why people see things differently is...
- Question 4: They have different cognitions.
- Which of the following expressions came from the name of the position that Minamoto no Yoshitsune held?
- Question 1: Magistrate's Patronage.
- What is the origin of the English word "talent"?
- Question 2: The name of a sum of currency.
- What did the Greek philosopher Socrates say that evil is born from?
- Question 1: Ignorance.
- What's the least number of colors needed to paint Japan so no two adjacent areas are the same color?
- Question 2: Four.
- Your performance in this stage of your midterms is determined by your Knowledge stat. To have good performance, your knowledge ranking needs to be Learned.
- 5/16 - Do you know who created the piece which sold for the highest price back in the 20th century?
- Van Gogh.
- 5/21 - What is the name of this ratio that Japanese architects and artists have liked using?
- The Silver Ratio.
- 5/23 - Well, your number's up. The root words of synesthesia are "syn" and "aisthesis". What do they mean?
- "Together" and "Senses".
- 5/26 - What was the name of the other famous novel that Sherlock Holmes appeared in?
- Arsene Lupin, Tentleman Burglar.
- 5/30 - Who was the pirate who said that he hid his treasure in a certain place just before he was executed?
- William Kidd.
Persona 5 School Class Answers - June & July
- 6/4 - The original blazers were named that thanks to a certain quality they had. Any idea what it was?
- They were brightly colored.
- 6/7 - What are red king crabs most biologically related to?
- Hermit crabs.
- 6/8 - With the advent of the color TV, something else started appearing in color. Do you know what it is?
- 6/11 - Can you imagine how much gold has been excavated by humanity over the course of history?
- Three Olympic-sized pools.
- 6/13 - Paper money is issued by the Bank of Japan, but who issues the coins?
- The government.
- 6/15 - What would happen if you keep washing your hair with water that's contaminated with metal?
- It'll change color.
- 6/23 - Who is this woman, drawn as the High Priestess in most tarot decks?
- Pope Joan.
- 6/27 - In English, what does the term "cat-and-dog weather" refer to?
- Heavy Rain.
- 6/29 - This character is the cursive form of a specific kanji. Do you know which one it is?
- 7/1 - ...But do you know what Chinese dish Zhuge Liang is credited for inventing?
- 7/4 - Do you know the reason why July and August both have thirty-one days?
- Someone pretentious said so.
- 7/7 - What's the traditional food of Tanabata?
- 7/8 - What's a common trait of almost all shaved-ice syrups on the market?
- They have the same flavor.
- 7/9 - What is the sum of angles a through e?
- 180 degrees.
- 7/11 - What is the name of the light-producing substance in fireflies?
- 7/12 - What was the name of the gentleman thief whose family was boiled alive during the Sengoku period?
- Ishikawa Goemon.
Finals Answers: 7/13 - 7/16
- Q1: Which of these phrases has its origins in this shogi piece?
- Answer 1: Noveau Riche.
- Q2: Goemon was popular because he wasn't just a thief, he was a...
- Answer 2: Gentleman thief.
- Q3: And the person in power who had it in for Goemon was...
- Answer 3: Toyotomi Hideyoshi.
- Q4: And, Gomeon's death after he got captured by Hideyoshi is famous too...
- Answer 4: He was boiled alive.
- Q1: Which of the following statements are true of this organism?
- Answer 1: It's not related to crabs.
- Q2: What is said to be the reason why people began dreaming in color?
- Answer 2: Television.
- Which of these was made using the silver ratio?
- Question 1: B4-size paper.
- Define "syn" and "aisthesis," the Greek root words of "synesthesia."
- Question 2: "Together" and "senses".
- This stage of your test performance is automatic, determined by your in-game knowledge stat. For a good grade you'll need a knowledge stat of Scholarly.
Persona 5 School Class Answers - September & October
- 9/3 - In this famous statue, he's holding a spear in hist left hand, but what does he have in his right?
- 9/6 - What is the name of the phenomenon where the second hand looks like it stops moving?
- 9/14 - Second-hand shops are also known as thrift stores. Do you know when the earliest ones appeared?
- The 19th Century.
- 9/17 - We have a saying in Japanese: a skilled hawk hides its talons. What hides its claws in English?
- A cat.
- 9/21 - The word "robot" didn't come from English. So, what country did it come from?
- 9/24 - Do you know why they chose black and white?
- It shows up well on TV.
- 9/28 - So "PVS", referring to when you mistakenly think your phone is going off...
- Answer 1: Phantom.
- The next part is the V part. That means it'd be "phantom..." what?
- Answer 2: Vibration.
- Last is the S. So if we have "phantom vibration" so far...
- Answer 3: Syndrome.
- 9/29 - Not all civil servants work in government offices. Which of these occupations is a civil one?
- Fishermen of the Nagaragawa.
- 10/3 - ...but in the entire universe, which of these is closest to its density of stars?
- Three watermelons in the sun.
- 10/6 - This device made mass executions possible. You know what it's called, yes?
- A guillotine.
- 10/11 - Which do you think most people choose to name "kiki"?
Midterm Exam Answers: 10/17 - 10/20
- Q1: What is the origin of the word "guillotine"?
- Answer 1: Name of the one who proposed it.
- Q2: First of all, who proposed the idea of the guillotine?
- Answer 2: A Doctor.
- Q3: So, from his perspective, what was the advantage of the guillotine?
- Answer 3: It could execute people quickly.
- Q1: Which of the following statements about this ball is true?
- Answer 1: It has thirty-two faces.
- Q2: What is the meaning of the word "robota", the Czech word that is the root word of "robot"?
- Answer 2: Slave labor.
- Q1: What is the English name for the phenomenon where it feels like your cell phone is vibrating?
- Answer 1: Phantom Vibration Syndrome.
- Q2: Which of the following government organizations do the cormorant fishermen of Nagaragawa belong to?
- Answer 2: The Imperial Household Agency.
- The performance in this day of your midterms is determined by your knowledge rank. For good performance, your rank needs to be Encyclopedic.
- 10/22 - What number should be in the middle of this square to make it a magic square?
- 10/24 - Can you tell me what the S in SOS means?
- It's meaningless.
Persona 5 School Class Answers - November & December
- 11/2 - The word "wack" was also used in a coded language form history. What was that language?
- Thieves' cant.
- 11/4 - Clubs is a club, diamonds is a gem, spades is a sword... So, what is hearts?
- The Holy Grail.
- 11/8 - Do you know what age you have to be in order to listen in on a trial?
- 11/10 - Do you know what the line that's in "bird" but not in "crow" represents?
- An eye.
- 11/12 - Do you know why hearing someone's voice over the phone sound different than their real voice?
- It's heavily processed.
- 11/15 - When he was executed, something was done to his appearance, Do you know what it was?
- They put makeup on him.
- 11/17 - Which of these is called a cochleoid, after its resemblance to a snail?
- 11/18 - At which of these location can you see the sunrise the earliest?
- The summit of Mt. Fuji.
Finals Answers: 12/20 - 12/23
- Q1: Which of the following is called the Devil's curve?
- Answer 1: D.
- Q2: I think they said the voice you hear through the phone is...
- Answer 2: Not their real voice.
- Q3: But why does the listener think the synthetic voice is the real person?
- Answer 3: They speak the same.
- Q4: Even if the voice is different, as long as they talk the same, the listener will subconsciously...
- Answer 4: Supplement the voice.
- Q1: Which suit of cards represents the Holy Grail?
- Answer 1: Hearts.
- Q2: Which of the following is not true about the kanji for "crow"?
- Answer 2: It includes a number.
- Q1: Which country refers to a person who controls politics behind the scenes as a "prime minister in black"?
- Answer 1: Japan.
- What English word did the initial "do" in the Japanese "dokyuu", or massive, originate from?
- Answer 2: Dreadnought.
- The performance in this final day of your finals is determined by your knowledge rank. For good performance, your knowledge rank needs to be Encyclopedic.