Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Roster: All Characters playable in the FF cross-over fighter, including DLC
After a few years working up a strong reputation for healthy competition in Japanese arcades, Dissidia Final Fantasy Arcade is finally coming to PS4 with a name change: Dissidia Final Fantasy NT. As you'd expect, it comes packing a roster filled with some of the most famous characters from Final Fantasy history.
The cross-over fighter features heroes and Villains from FF history - and they're then tasked with fighting it out in high-octane three-on-three combat. Each character has their own unique moves and approach to combat - if you want to know more on that, check out our Dissidia NT Move Lists guide. The game will also be expanded with DLC and season pass characters, and Square has begun hinting at who they might be.
The cast of Dissidia Final Fantasy NT are split into four different basic character classes - Vanguard, Assassin, Marksman and Specialist - so let's talk a little about that.
These classes will give you a broad idea of how each character plays, so before we list the roster, let's explain those:
Vanguard class characters are your basic classic RPG tanks. They have strong bravery attacks that usually have good range. The trade off is that they're more limited. They tend to beat Assassins, but lose to Marksmen.
Assassin class characters are fast and speedy, though they do less damage as a result. They can triple jump and are all about getting in close for hit-and-run attacks. They'll tend to beat Marksmen, but Vanguards can knock them down easily if they can catch them.
Marksman class characters are all about ranged attacks using magic and other projectiles. They're weak at close range, but can defeat slower characters like Vangaurds from afar before they can even get close. Assassin's can chase them down easily, however.
Specialist class characters are unique, featuring a gameplay style with a special gimmick that means they don't fit into any specific class. Onion Knight is a specialist, for instance, and he can switch between different 'jobs' that change his skill set and stats.
Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Roster: the launch characters
Dissidia NT features almost 30 classic Final Fantasy characters at launch - some heroes, some villains. Here they are broken into those two categories:
Dissidia NT Roster: The Heroes
- Warrior of Light (Final Fantasy, Vanguard)
- Firion (Final Fantasy II, Vanguard)
- Onion Knight (Final Fantasy III, Specialist)
- Cecil Harvey (Final Fantasy IV, Vanguard)
- Kain Highwind (Final Fantasy IV, Assassin)
- Bartz Klauser (Final Fantasy V, Specialist)
- Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI, Marksman)
- Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII, Vanguard)
- Squall Leonhart (Final Fantasy VIII, Assassin)
- Zidane Tribal (Final Fantasy IX, Assassin)
- Tidus (Final Fantasy X, Assassin)
- Shantotto (Final Fantasy XI, Marksman)
- Vaan (Final Fantasy XII, Specialist)
- Lightning (Final Fantasy XIII, Assassin)
- Y'shtola (Final Fantasy XIV, Marksman)
- Noctis Lucis Caelum (Final Fantasy XV, Assassin)
- Ramza Beoulve (Final Fantasy Tactics, Specialist)
- Ace (Final Fantasy Type-0, Marksman)
Dissidia NT Roster: The Villains
- Garland (Final Fantasy, Vanguard)
- The Emperor (Final Fantasy II, Marksman)
- Cloud of Darkness (Final Fantasy III, Vanguard)
- Golbez (Final Fantasy IV, Marksman)
- ExDeath (Final Fantasy V, Specialist)
- Kefka Palazzo (Final Fantasy VI, Marksman)
- Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII, Vanguard)
- Ultimecia (Final Fantasy VIII, Marksman)
- Kuja (Final Fantasy IX, Assassin)
- Jecht (Final Fantasy X, Assassin)
Dissidia NT Roster: The DLC Characters
- Vayne Carudas Solidor (Final Fantasy XII, Vanguard)
- Locke Cole (Final Fantasy VI, Assassin)
- Rinoa Heartilly (Final Fantasy VIII, Marksman)
- Kam'lanaut (Final Fantasy XI, Specialist)
- Yuna (Final Fantasy X, Marksman)
- Snow Villiers (Final Fantasy XIII, Vanguard)
- Zenos yae Galvus (Final Fantasy XIV, Specialist)
- Tifa Lockhart (Final Fantasy VII, Assassin)
- Gabranth (Final Fantasy XII, Specialist)
- Ardyn Izunia (Final Fantasy XV, Vanguard)
Dissidia NT Roster: The Summons
It wouldn't be a Final Fantasy game without Summons in the midst of battle, and so of course Dissidia Final Fantasy NT has summons - or guardian forces, or eidolons, or whatever else you like to call them.
If you want to know more about these all-powerful gods check out our Dissidia Final Fantasy NT summon guide to learn about how they work and what they do, but here's who you can expect to see in battle:
- Ifrit, the fire djinn
- Shiva, the empress of ice
- Ramuh, the ageless mage
- Leviathan, the king of the ocean
- Odin, the legendary knight
- Alexander, the holy weapon
- Bahamut, the dragon king