Pillars of Eternity II Deadfire is a properly traditional, old-school PC role playing game. That's shown in its excellent systems and design, but also in some of its features - so where many games get rid of or lock away the traditional console commands menu, Pillars of Eternity II simply exposes it for you and allows you to cheat if you so wish.
Now, don't get us wrong: we generally speaking would recommend you don't cheat. POE2 is designed in such a way to be fair, and with a balanced choice of companions in your party, your ability to turn on level scaling and respec characters to better fit your gameplay style of choice will go a long way to help ensure the game never gets quite too difficult - but if you still wish you can totally open up the console commands and put in certain commands to give yourself a leg up. Once you have a few achievements you can also use Deadfire's Blessings system to change things up. Console Commands are the closest thing you're going to get to cheats in POE2, however.
But to use them, you'll need to know how they work. On this page, we're going to detail how to use Deadfire's console commands and what you can input there. Let's do it.
Once your Pillars of Eternity 2 Deadfire party good to go, here's tips for other aspects of the game:
Pillars of Eternity 2 Deadfire Console Commands: cheats for god mode, unlocking chests, heals, money, experience and more
First up, you'll need to actually open the console up. The console can be accessed at any time in Pillars of Eternity 2 - you mercifully don't need to go editing ini files like with some games. You should keep in mind that using console commands will disable achievements, so that's the price you pay for using commands that are essentially cheats.
If you don't care about achievements, open the console by pressing the Tilde (~) key. You need to enter a special command to allow cheats to work, and it's a good old pen-and-paper RPG reference, because of course it is. To unlock cheats, type in: iroll20s
Once this is done, all the following cheats below can be used by simply typing in their command as featured below. To disable commands again, simply insert the iroll20s command again and it'll turn them back off. Here's all the commands:
Pillars of Eternity 2 Console Commands List
- God – enables god mode and makes your party invincible to damage. To disable it, enter the command again.
- HealParty – heals your entire party of both health and stamina.
- UnlockAll – unlocks all containers/chests on the current map.
- Rest – makes your party rest as if at camp - but doesn't consume any camping items.
- GiveMoneyPlayer X – replace X with a number and then enter this command to recieve that amount of copper.
- AddExperience X – replace X with a number to give each party member that amount of experience points (EXP).
- AddExperiencetoLevel X – a nice useful one - insert a level number to give each party member however much EXP they need to reach that level. This maxes out at level 12, so a good way shy of the Pillars of Eternity 2 level cap.
- Invisible – makes your party invisible to enemies, meaning they can't see and thus can't attack you.
- NoFog – removes the fog of war from the current map, revealing it to you in its entirety.
- ToggleSpellLimit – removes the limit on how many spells can be cast at once, allowing for some proper magical carnage (though beware of slowing your PC or crashing the game with this!)
- CraftingDebug – a pretty simple command that adds a variety of crafting materials to your inventory.
- FreeRecipesToggle – allows 'free' crafting - the creation of crafting items and recipes without needing the ingredients.
- Unlock Bestiary – fully unlocks all of the monster information in Pillars of Eternity 2's bestiary.
Finally, there's three special commands that unlock a few different Cosmic Pets you can equip. Unlike the other console commands, these do not disable your achievements as they don't give you an unfair advantage.
- Cosmic Dog – type this in (with the space!) to unlock the Cosmic Dog pet.
- Cosmic Cat – unlocks the Cosmic Cat pet.
- Cosmic Bird – unlocks the Cosmic Bird pet.