A common reoccurring mini-game in the Dragon Quest series is the Casino. Like most of the series, the Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age casinos are filled with excellent prizes that can give you a huge advantage in battle, or just cool items that you won't be able to find elsewhere.
You'll want to spend time in the casino, then. Sometimes you'll be unlocking powerful new gear, while other times you'll be unlocking things like the bunny suit costume for Jade. Like real life, winning at the casino requires a bit of luck, but since this is a video game there are some tips and tricks that can be used to get the odds in your favor. We're going to share those on this page.
There are two different casinos found throughout the lands of Dragon Quest 11, each casino with its own unique prizes. The first thing you want to do upon encountering any casino is to save your game first, and if anything goes wrong you can always reload your game and try again. The first thing you want to do inside a casino is to have a good starting threshold of tokens. Exchange gold for some tokens, a good starting amount would be 500 tokens - these are the currency you bet with and later exchange for prizes.
There are three types of games you can play to win tokens. Poker, Roulette or Slots.
- Poker is a simple game where you choose what cards to keep and if you match any of pair listed above, you will win some tokens. Poker's payout isn't big, but it can be a steady game to win tokens as a starting point.
- Slots is the most reliable way of winning tokens, and also requires hardly any effort. One key aspect you want to do know is speaking to some of the workers in the casino can let you know which machine is hot. When you have a good starting amount, you should use your tokens on the high bidding slime slot machines. These slot machine can trigger metal mode allowing you to win a massive amount of tokens.
- Roulette lets you choose to gamble on a number, group or color or a combination of numbers. Roulette is the perfect game to get instantly rich if you have a massive token threshold (Over 20000). When you have earned enough tokens, save your game, then come back and place your bets heavily on single digits numbers, the payout reward can instantly let you purchase some of the best casino rewards instantly.
With the games outlined, let's quickly talk about the casinos in Dragon Quest 11 and their available prizes.
Puerto Valor Casino
The first casino you will gain access to is Puerto Valor Casino. The Puerto Valor Casino has some powerful equipment in its prize list, such as the Platinum Powersword.
- Down the Rabbithole (500 Tokens)
- Mercury's Bandana (2500 Tokens)
- White Shield (5000 Tokens)
- Yggdrasil Leaf (5000 Tokens)
- Infernails (7500 Tokens)
- Staff of Sentencing (7500 Tokens)
- Arriviste's Vest (10000 Tokens)
- Elevating Vest (10000 Tokens)
- Spangled Dress (25000 Tokens)
- Platinum Sword (50000 Tokens)
- Lightning Lance (75000 Tokens)
- Platinum Powersword (100000 Tokens)
The Casino in Octagonia is rigged in your favor. Every jackpot target is easy to reach, the reason for this is that all the prize in here are actually trash until you have cleansed the monsters from this casino. The prize you see here are expensive and have ???? written on their names. After visiting the VIP room with the Love Potion is when this casino will have its real prize list out. However, any winnings you have gained during the monster ownership will be completely removed.
Prize List (During Monster Ownership)
- Love Potion (500 Tokens)
- Medicinal Herb (25000 Tokens)
- Cypress Stick (50000 Tokens)
- Horse Manure (100000 Tokens)
- Boxer Shorts (500000 Tokens)
- Magic Water (1000000 Tokens)
Prize List (Afer Monster Removal)
- Love Potion (100 Tokens)
- Sage's Elixir (1000 Tokens)
- Bow Tie (3000 Tokens)
- Your Very Own Aegis of Illusions (5000 Tokens)
- Molten Globules (20000 Tokens)
- Cheat Sheet (30000 Tokens)
- Imp Knife (60000 Tokens)
- Scandalous Swimsuit (70000 Tokens)
- Fire Ball (80000 Tokens)
- Twinkling Tuxedo (200000 Tokens)
- Shimmering Dress (200000 Tokens)
- Happy Hat (300000 Tokens)
- Gringham Whip (7500000 Tokens)