Darksiders III Weapons: weapon material locations for all weapon upgrades
Gone are the color-coded loot drops from Darksiders II. Instead, in Darksiders III we have a system where every weapon in the game is upgradable by using Adamantine. Pieces of the rare material can be found throughout Fury's journey, and you'll need a lot of it in order to buff up your weapon's capabilities. Especially elusive are the Chunk of Adamantine needed to upgrade a weapon from +9 to +10 -- the final level of any weapon.
All the weapons that can be upgraded in this manners are acquired throughout the game:
- Barbs of Scorn - Fury's Stating Weapon
- Salvation - Fury's boomerang earned from defeating the Angelic Champion in the Bonelands.
- Chains of Scorn - Acquired with the Flame Hollow after fighting Wrath.
- Lance of Scorn - Acquired with the Thunder Hollow after defeating Sloth or Avarice.
- Mallet of Scorn - Acquired with the Force Hollow after defeating Lust
- Edge of Scorn - Acquired with the Stasis Hollow after defeating Gluttony.
We've only found three Chunks of Adamantine so far, so you'll have to decide on your favorites pretty early on while leaving your less-liked weapons to remain unpowered.
Check out our other guides for Darksiders III:
Darksiders III: Weapon Upgrade Requirements for all weapons
When you first upgrade a weapon, you'll earn the Achievement Just the Start, requiring only two Slivers of Adamantine. The costs for each level increase rapidly, though. In total, to go from base level to +10, you'll need twelve of each Slivers, Fragments. and Pieces, with one Chunk at the end to cap it off. Fully upgrading a weapon will net you the Achievement Take it to the Limit. Here's how it breaks down.
- +1 : 2x Sliver
- +2 : 4x Sliver
- +3 : 6x Sliver
- +4 : 2x Fragment
- +5 : 4x Fragment
- +6 : 6x Fragment
- +7 : 2x Piece
- +8 : 4x Piece
- +9 : 6x Piece
- +10 : 1x Chunk
We've taken note of all of the various Adamantine we've found, and listed them out by location. While this may not be exhaustive, and there's the chance we picked up an enemy drop without realizing it, it should still help get a start in maximizing out your favorite weapons.
Darksiders III - Sliver of Adamantine Locations:
You'll earn Unshakable Fortitude for finding 30x Sliver of Adamantine.
- Can buy for 800 souls each after the fight with Wrath.
- Haven - On the west side of Crossroads you can Fire Jump to.
- Haven - Dropped by a red-eyed enemy in the corner of the crosswords, past the sewer opening leading to the Nether.
- Haven - Behind an ogre type enemy in the upper east side of the Crossroads, near a purple Force wall.
- Haven - Behind a web on one of the tree branches after the Skyscraper Vulgrim point.
- Haven - On the path above the Maker’s Forge, past the web.
- Haven - On the path to the Maker’s forge, use the tornado off to the side via Thunder Hollow.
- Haven - Up a ledge you can Fire Jump to before Skyscraper.
- Haven - Past a crawl space in a pit near the North End Vulgrim point.
- Haven - Go left from the North End Vulgrim point, and jump up a ledge with Fire Jump. It’s overlooking the Crossroads area.
- Haven - Go straight south from the North End Vulgrim point, and jump into the pit, into a crawl space.
- Haven - Inside the back of the church near South End Vulgrim point.
- Haven - Below the church, burn the webs to knock the bell down.
- Haven - Go on top of the bus in the Crossroads where you originally entered the Nether, Fire Jump up, and then jump across the gap to the other building.
- Haven - In the back wall of Crossroads, near an ogre, up behind a Force wall.
- Nether - Past the Hatching Cesspool, in the area with three beetles, next to a pillar.
- Nether - Past the Splintered Station Vulgrim point, in a corner underneath some enemy flies.
- Nether - Once you use the friendly beetle to burn the web down, kill the red-eyed enemy behind you (not confirmed, he fell off the ledge.)
- Nether - Once you use the friendly beetle to burn the web down, kill the red-eyed enemy behind you, and crawl in the hole.
- Nether - On an upper ledge near the area where you first see Sloth across the gap. Use Fire Jump.
- Nether - On an upper ledge near the area where you first see Sloth across the gap. Use Fire Jump. Dropped by red eye.
- Nether - Up the stairs from the Cistern Vulgrim point.
- Nether - Crawl beneath the train in the dark room, and this was dropped by one of the two bomb spiders in the cavern below. Not sure if a guaranteed drop.
- Nether - Crawl beneath the train in the dark room, and this was in the open in the chamber with the bomb spiders.
- Nether - Behind a purple smash wall in Tangled Grotto area.
- Nether - At the bottom of the chamber near the Accessway Vulgrim point (have to go through Hollows to get there).
- Nether - After the Accessway point, in the museum with the T-Rex skeleton.
- Nether - In the Atrium of Greed after defeating Avarice (x2).
- Bonelands - Out in the open after the Hangman’s Tree Vulgrim point.
- Bonelands - Guarded by red-eyed enemy after Hangman’s Tree Vulgrim point.
- Depths - Nested away in a deep corner of the water after Forgotten Lake.
- Depths - In a Force pod above and to the right of where you open the sword door.
- Depths - After Gluttony boss fight, follow the path until you combine the Statis and Fire powers to jump up onto some ledges. Follow the grate back and this is hidden in the barrels.
- Hollows - To the right after the first big red golem after the hookshot points.
- Hollows - When in the room with the ground level switch, look for a crawl space at the west end.
- Hollows - To the left dropped by a red eyes knight, past the Catacombs Vulgrim point.
- Hollows- To the left of the three swords statues, past a crawl hole.
- Hollows - In the left area after the foyer, keep an eye out for a crawlspace behind some pots on your left. Follow the path to a room with a red-eye knight. He drops it.
- Hollows - In the banquet hall area where archers shoot from above, in one of the elevated coffins.
- Hallows - Past the foyer area, take the switch on the left, in a corner of the following big chamber.
- Hollows - In the chamber with all of the coffins after the right side switch in the foyer area past the Catacombs Vulgrim point.
- Hollows - Straight ahead at Molten Cave Vulgrim, past boomerang door, red-eye enemy drops it.
Darksiders III - Fragment of Adamantine Locations
You'll earn Unyielding Strength for finding 30x Fragment of Adamantine.
- Can buy for 2400 souls each after defeating Gluttony.
- Haven: After the first building, Fire Jump up some ledges to the left, enter the crawl space, then this will be on the ledge below you that you can drop down to.
- Haven: In the area above the Maker’s Forge, near the end of the path through the holed-out building, on a corner ledge you jump to, need Fire to burn the web.
- Haven: Follow the path behind a purple Force wall after the game’s first building.
- Haven: From North End Vulgrim point, follow the road all the way left, go up the root, hookshot over, and follow the second root to it.
- Haven - Dropped by a red-eyed enemy below the church at South End Vulgrim point.
- Haven - Below the church, in a hole on the east side near a purple Force wall.
- Haven - Continue below the church, in the room past the game’s first Mansk. Guarded by a purple clawed enemy. Right before the Bonelands.
- Haven: After the first building, Fire Jump up some ledges to the left, enter the crawl space, then use the magnet wall to reach a ledge with a red-eye enemy. He drops it.
- Haven: After the Skyscraper Vulgrim point, follow the path to the tornado on the right. Continue on until you’re in a room just before several tornadoes strung together. It’s in a Force box hanging up high. There’s another in the same room in the water.
- Haven - From the Crossroads Vulgrim point, go in the crawl space, in this tunnel, it’s in a Force box.
- Haven - In the back wall of Crossroads, near an ogre, up in a Force box.
- Haven - In the left wall of Crossroads, use the tornado, and enter the crawlspace.
- Haven - Use the tornado or Stasis Wall to get to the high ledge in the crossroads. Two red-eye drops.
- Haven - South End Vulgrim point, in a Force pod at the back left of the church exterior.
- Nether - Once you fight Wrath for the first time, return to where you fought him, and continue on into the catacombs style area, this is in a nook in the first room.
- Nether - Once you have Fire Hollow, return to the Splintered Station Vulgrim point, burn the webs and work your way up. Eventually, you’ll drop into a flooded subway tunnel with several cocoons and a red-eyed beast that will drop this fragment.
- Nether - Past the Cistern Vulgrim point, near a pillar with a bunch of flies. This is past a crawl space that was hidden behind cocoons.
- Nether - In the dark room, find a crawl space on the opposite side, hidden behind a bench.
- Nether - In the Tangled Grotto area, smash the purple wall that doesn't lead to a hole in the ground. Follow the path, fire jump up to the right, go into a crawl space, into another crawlspace on the left, and kill the red-eyed enemy for this.
- Nether - In the Tangled Grotto area, smash the purple wall that doesn't lead to a hole in the ground. Follow the path, fire jump up to the right, go into a crawl space to reach the upper level of the Grotto. Don’t fall down any holes, and keep following the path upwards, and you’ll eventually find it past the human.
- Nether - After the Accessway point, in the left wing of the museum. Must go up the right wing and burn webs first.
- Bonelands - In the first room in the water in the open.
- Bonelands - Ignore the platform Mansk enemy, in the warehouse underneath a beehive.
- Bonelands - Behind the waterfall past where you first meet the angels.
- Bonelands - After exiting the warehouse, behind the shipping containers next to a human.
- Bonelands - In the angel's area, on the second level.
- Bonelands - Right in front of you after the Hangman’s Tree Vulgrim point.
- Bonelands - After dropping the containers using fire infused Salvation, break the boxes to go in the back room of the next building.
- Bonelands - On the main path behind the waterfall past the Drowned District Vulgrim point.
- Bonelands - Underneath the warehouse after the Drowned District Vulgrim point. Look for a crawlspace under the exterior stairs, use tornado.
- Bonelands - In the same warehouse before exiting, look to the right of the second grapple point. In a room along with a human.
- Bonelands - In the back of the pool of water after fighting a seated enemy and spawning enemy above.
- Bonelands - Behind the gate right at the Cargo Ship Vulgrim point.
- Bonelands - In the building behind where Gluttony was residing, can get after it goes into hole leading to the Depths.
- Depths - In the corner of the room near the Sunken Tracks Vulgrim point.
- Depths - Nested in a corner to the right of the temple entrance underwater.
- Depths - Follow the Force wall path, and you'll get this while solving the next puzzle, next to a purple pillar.
- Depths - Up on a ledge to the right of where you run into Gluttony’s face.
- Depths - After Gluttony, at the ledge where you have to combine Stasis and Fire, follow the hook shots behind you. Dropped by red-eyed enemy.
- Hollows - After hookshot points on the Blistering Bridge, to the right of the locked door.
Darksiders III - Piece of Adamantine Locations
You'll earn Unbreakable Will for finding 30x Piece of Adamantine.
- Can purchase for 4000 souls each after defeating Wrath.
- Haven - In the area underneath the church at the South End Vulgrim point, after gliding to the side from the tornados, use the Fire Jump to reach the upper ledge.
- Haven - From the West EndVulgrim point, glide to the ledge to the left using Thunder Hollow.
- Haven - Early on in Haven, behind one of the first purple Force walls, in the corner of an office. Stasis Jump is needed too.
- Haven - After following the tornado path before the Maker’s Forge, this is in the building after the string of tornados, in a corner behind some debris.
- Haven - Use Stasis Hollow go to the top of the game’s first building via the elevator shaft. The path is on the right as soon as you enter, and you’ll have to crawl along a magentic wall. Guarded by the chosen Agony.
- Haven - From the Crossroads Vulgrim point, go in the crawl space, follow the Stasis Wall up, drop down another one, go underwater and smash the purple Force Wall.
- Haven - From North End Vulgrim Point, follow the road left and go up the tree path, hookshot three times to the metal ledge. Turn around and take a new hookshot path to an upper level of the building. Smash a purple Force wall. Destroy the hives and this is on the upper floor. Then go through the crawlspace. Same area as a Chunk of Adamantine.
- Haven/Hollow - In the lava pool behind Wrath’s first arena.
- Nethers - In the area accessible under the Church after acquiring the Force Hollow, in a hanging fire sac.
- Nethers - In the area right after the one above, dropped by red-eyed enemy.
- Bonelands - Dropped by red-eyed enemy in the first area in the back.
- Bonelands - Dropped by red-eyed enemy after Hangman’s Tree point.
- Bonelands - Dropped by red-eyed enemy after Mangled Highway point. Look for crawl space to left of the main path behind boxes.
- Bonelands - Upper level of flooded generator room, reached by taking the tornadoes near where Gluttony falls into the Depths. This piece is hanging from a fire sac.
- Bonelands - Return to the area with the shallow water and purple Force goo bugs. When you leave and can see the highway again, look underneath for a crawl space, and follow the path to a vertical tunnel with a tornado and Stasis Walls. This piece is hanging in a red pod you'll have to burn down.
- Depths - From Forgotten Lake Vulgrim point, go underwater, through the temple, find purple Force door at the top, and kill the red-eyed enemy it leads you to.
- Depths - There’s another purple Force wall that leads to behind a grate with one, with eels inside.
- Depths - From the underwater temple, hits the switches on the right side, and follow the path to Templar of the Damned, who guards it.
- Depths - After returning the sword to statue, this is behind a grate in the next room. Look for a switch on the ceiling.
- Depths - Purple Force cluster to left after the train car puzzle.
- Depths - After Gluttony, at the ledge where you have to combine Stasis and Fire, follow the hook shots behind you. This one is behind the left web.
- Depths - In the first room of the Depths, use the Stasis Wall jump in an area behind the waterfalls to the north of the chamber and make your way up twice.
- Depths - Use the Stasis Wall right next to the Sunken Tracks Vulgrim point.
- Depths - Go up the Stasis Wall right at the Sewage Egris point, near where you start the fight with Gluttony.
- Hollows- In the fire area between Depths and Molten Cave area of the Hollows, in the corner. After fighting Gluttony.
- Hollows - Straight ahead at the Molten Cave area, past a boomerang door, a red-eye drops it.
- Scar - Out in the open when you drop down after the short flooded hall.
- Scar - Out in the open when you drop down after the short flooded hall, only in the lower area. Before the Drilling Annex Vulgrim point.
- Scar - After the Drilling Annex, on a wooden ledge overlooking the area.
- Scar - Hookshot over to the magnet wall, and roll over to the red-eyed in the far scaffolding area.
- Scar - When you see the first tornado in the area, use it to get to the ledge behind you, and kill the red-eyed enemy in there.
- Scar - Right next to the Lowlands Vulgrim point.
- Scar - After solving the puzzle with sliding the block over ice, go into the door, up the magnet wall, then turn around and look for a hole to jump into.
- Scar - Right near where you take out the ogre that was chucking boulders at you, after the Demon’s Peak Vulgrim point.
- Scar - After crawling under the moving conveyor belt, jump up the ledges to this piece.
- Scar- Before riding the second moving platform, look for debris near the stationary Stasis covered slabs.
- Sca-r Before riding the second moving platform, jump over the exterior wall and defeat the red-eyed enemy.
- Scar - After riding the second moving platform, jump off to the left, and defeat the chosen The Grock.
- Scar - In the open after clearing the Tempest.
- Scar - In a corner of the tunnel after clearing the Tempest.
- Scar - Can be dropped by the enemies with shield and warhorn.
Darksiders III - Chunk of Adamantine Locations
You'll earn Purity of Power for finding 3x Chunk of Adamantine.
- Haven - From the North End Vulgrim point, follow the road left and go up the tree path, then hookshot three times to the metal ledge. Turn around and take a new hookshot path to an upper level of the building. Smash through the Force wall, then destroy the hives here and this is on the lower floor.
- Bonelands - Near where Gluttony falls into the Depths, cross the acid river using the Thunder Hollow over to the flooded generators. Go exit the flooded generator room to the right, and follow the path up a Stasis Wall and across the magnetic surface, and this item will be on a floating container in the acid.
- Scar - After riding the second moving platform, freeze the two rollers using stasis, and grab this from under them.