As is series tradition, Persona 5 Royal is another expanded re-release of a Persona game, just as previous titles got. It changes and adds a lot - including the test answers and exam answers in class.
Being a heroic phantom thief is one thing, but you’re also still in high school - and doing well in school will have benefits throughout the rest of the game. That means you’ll want to ace all of the school quiz questions you get randomly asked, and also blitz your midterms and exams. Lucky for you, on this page we’ve got every school question, quiz and test in P5R listed - both questions and their answers.
Getting questions right will raise your Knowledge stat, and certain questions will also raise other stats that are all-important for maxing out your relationships as detailed in our full P5 and P5R confidant guide, some of which are now required to get the P5R true ending. Knowledge isn’t just power, but raises your popularity. Your knowledge stat also governs how well you do in the exams that you don’t have direct control over.
As previously mentioned, Persona 5 Royal has completely different school answers - if you want the answers for vanilla Persona 5, that’s a different guide. We've also got a page on all the P5R Crossword answers, if you also want help there. Otherwise, here’s all the P5R school quiz and exam questions and answers.
April & May School Test Answers for Persona 5 Royal
- 4/12 - Tell me what the Devil’s Dictionary defined as the chief factor in the progress of the human race.
- 4/19 - Between A and B… which line seems longer…?
- They’re the same.
- 4/23 - Between music, theatre and chariot racing, which sport did Nero win when he participated in the Olympics?
- "All of them"
- 4/25 - Q1: What’s that phrase meant to convey? “My country, right or wrong?”
- You unquestioningly support it.
- 4/25 - Q2: But the original meaning was different? So I guess it’d be something like…
- You have a duty to correct it.
- 4/27 - Do you know the name of the theorem named after this number?
- Four color theorem.
- 4/30 - Q1: First off, the "wunder" part probably means...
- Answer 1: Wonder.
- 4/30 - Q2: Next, the "kind" part. That's probably...
- Answer 2: Child.
- 4/30 - Q3: So a "wunderkind" would be...
- Answer 3: A prodigy.
- 5/7 - So what’s the literal translation of the phrase “femme fatale”?
- Fatal Woman.
- 5/10 - You know the time period Yoshitsune was active in, don’t you?
- The Heian period.
Persona 5 Royal Midterm Exam Answers: 5/11 - 5/13
- Q1 - What historical figure inspired the term of “favoring the magistrate”?
- Minamoto no Yoshitsune.
- Q2 - Yoshitune had a brother, right? Oh, I think his name was…
- Minamoto no Yoritomo.
- Q3 - But they ended up coming into conflict. And in the end, when they had to oppose each other…
- Yoritomo won.
- Q4 - That’s probably because people tend to sympathize less with figures in power, and sympathize more with…
- The weak.
- Q1 - Which brain function is responsible for the phenomenon of seeing an illusion in this figure?
- Q2 - Which of the following maps can you paint without any adjacent areas being the same color?
- Q1 - Name the book that defined malefactors as the chief factor in the progress of the human race.
- The Devil’s Dictionary.
- Q2 - What character archetype refers to a mysterious and seductive woman, typically with ulterior motives?
- Femme Fatale.
- 5/16 - What do we call the phenomenon where believing in a treatment’s power is enough to improve your condition?
- The placebo effect.
- 5/19 - Which famous ukiyo-e artist of the Edo period is said to have moved residence over 100 times?
- Katsushika Hokusai.
- 5/21 - The golden ratio is 1:1.618, but do you know the silver ratio?
- 5/23 - Q1: If we think about what these words have in common, then maybe “syn” means…
- 5/23 - Q2: And “aisthesis,” huh? That’s a little like the word aesthetics. I wonder if it means…
- 5/23 - Q3: So that means the full word basically means…
- Senses coming together.
- 5/26 - Do you know which author Leblanc borrowed from?
- Arthur Conan Doyle.
- 5/31 - Do you know which peg-legged, parrot toting historical figure’s appearance became a visual shorthand for pirates?
- John Silver.
June & July School Test Answers for Persona 5 Royal
- 6/4 - What do you think the name for this phenomenon is?
- The halo effect.
- 6/7 - The red king crab is biologically related to the hermit crab. So how is it different from a crab...? Do you know?
- The number of legs.
- 6/8 - Where does totalitarianism take things a step further than authoritarianism?
- Controlling public thought.
- 6/13 - ...What color do you think it turns?
- 6/15 - Between paper bills and coins, which one is issued by the government?
- 6/20 - What do you think? One of these has minor metals in it, right?
- 6/23 - Now, do you know what this woman’s position was?
- A pope.
- 6/27 - Which of these animals is involved in an English idiom about the weather?
- 6/29 - What do you think it says on the back of this piece?
- 7/1 - What’s the meaning of the original Chinese phrase that these dumplings’ name came from?
- Barbarian’s head.
- 7/4 - Two people are responsible for July and August having 31 days. Do you know who those people are?
- Julius and Augustus.
- 7/7 Q1 - So Tanabata's about gods crossing a starry sky to reunite once every year. It might have something to do with...
- The Milky Way.
- 7/7 Q2 - What's the traditional food of Tanabata?
- 7/9 - Do you know what shape it is?
- A triangle.
- 7/11 - Q1: What is long-term memory, anyway?
- Memories that last a long time.
- 7/11 - Q2: Maruki mentioned something about the amount of memories you could store, right? Something like…
- 7/11 - Q3: If you have theoretically infinite space for them… then theoretically, you’d be able to retain them for…
- 7/12 - Do you know what he did?
Persona 5 Royal Finals Exam Answers: 7/13 - 7/15
Finals Exam 5/13
- Q1 - If angle C is 28 degrees, and angles A and D are 88 degrees, what is the angle of B and E?
- 64 degrees.
- Q2 - I think this came up in class. They were invented by that famous guy from Romance of the Three Kingdoms, right?
- Zhuge Liang.
- Q3 - And they were offering something to quell the river…
- Barbarians’ heads.
- Q4 - This master strategist came up with the baozi to…
- To offer them instead of heads.
Finals Exam 5/14
- Q1 - Write the name and biological classification of this creature.
- Red King Crab (Paralithodes).
- Q2 - What happened when the government issued paper and hard currencies in Japan for the first time?
- It caused confusion in the economy.
Finals Exam 5/15
- Q1 - What is the English equivalent of the Norwegian idiom ‘raining witches’?
- Raining cats and dogs.
- Q2 - Which of the following is another name for the soumen noodles traditionally eaten on Tanabata?
- Demon Guts.
September & October School Test Answers for Persona 5 Royal
- 9/3 - Each hand in this famous statue means something, but… do you know what the right represents?
- 9/6 - Do you know the name of that phenomenon where the second hand looks like it’s stopped moving?
- 9/13 - What does a pawn shop offer that a secondhand shop doesn’t?
- Money loans for collateral.
- 9/17 - What’s one of the origins for the phrase “cat got your tongue”?
- Cats eating human tongues.
- 9/21 - Robot comes from a word in Czech. But where in Europe is the Czech Republic located?
- Central Europe.
- 9/24 - How many white and black shapes are there respectively on a soccer ball?
- 20 white, 12 black.
- 9/28 - Q1: So “PVS”, referring to when you mistakenly think your phone is going off...
- 9/28 - Q2: The next part is the V part. That means it’d be “phantom…” what?
- 9/28 - Q3: Last is the S. So if we have “phantom vibration” so far...
- 9/29 - But the fishermen of Nagaragawa are actually civil servants as well. So, tell me which sector they belong to.
- Imperial Household Agency.
- 10/3 - If we use “three watermelons in the sun” to visualize a certain matter’s size against the universe’s, what are the melons?
- 10/6 - Now, do you know who invented this instrument?
- Joseph-Ignace Guillotin.
- 10/11 - Which name was most commonly ascribed to shape B?
Persona 5 Royal Midterm Exam Answers: 10/17 - 10/19
- Q1 - Counting both black and white surfaces, how many surfaces are there in total on a soccer ball?
- 32 surfaces.
- Q2 - Didn’t the teacher say that the number of colors used to be different? Do you remember?
- It used to be one color.
- Q3 - Oh yeah, I remember. I think she said that unlike now, soccer games were broadcasted with…
- Black and white picture.
- Q1 - Who conducted executions using this device?
- Charles-Henri Sanson.
- Q2 - What is the reason that most people cannot become a cormorant fisherman of Nagarasawa?
- It’s a hereditary profession.
Your performance on this day of your midterms is partially determined by your knowledge rank. For good performance, your rank needs to be Encyclopedic.
- Q1 - What is the meaning of “robota,” the etymological root of “robot”?
- Slave labor.
- Q2 - Which of the following describes the density of stars in outer space?
- 3 bees in all of Europe.
- 10/22 - Now, tell me the total count for each column in this magic square.
- 10/24 - From a psychological standpoint, what is a key reason our memories can differ from reality?
- Memory bias.
November & December School Test Answers for Persona 5 Royal
- 11/2 - Can you tell me the meaning of the word “wack” in the Thieves’ Cant?
- A share of stolen goods.
- 11/4 - Clubs is a club, diamonds is a gem… So, what does a spade represent?
- A sword.
- 11/8 - Tell me how old you have to be to listen in on a trial.
- Any age.
- 11/10 - Do you know why it’s missing in the character for “crow”?
- Crow eyes are hard to see.
- 11/12 - I wonder. Do you know why our voices sound so different over the phone?
- Because the voice is synthetic.
- 11/14 - Tell me why that is.
- Because of high altitude.
- 11/15 - How was he punished?
- His head was put on display.
- 11/17 - Do you know the name for this graph? Your hint is “snails”...
Persona 5 Royal Finals Exam Exam Answers: 12/20 - 12/22
Finals Exam 12/20
- Q1 - Choose the graph that became the origin for the name for the Chinese yoyo known as a diabolo.
- Q2 - He was a really famous thief from the Edo period, right? How much money did he steal, in the end?
- Over one billion yen.
- Q3 - As a result, he was sentenced to…
- Having is head displayed.
- Q4 - Criminals, especially famous criminals being paraded around, was mostly done for…
- Public performance.
Finals Exam 12/21
- Q1 - Which suit of cards represents the Holy Grail?
- Q2 - According to Japanese judicial law, what is possible for even an infant to do in court?
Finals Exam 12/22
- Q1 - What country refers to a person who controls politics behind the scenes as a “prime minister in black”?
- Q2 - The Japanese word “dokyuu” translates to “massive.” What English word inspired the initial “do” in dokyuu?
January School Test Answers for Persona 5 Royal
- 1/11 - Q1: What’s this phrase supposed to illustrate about the gods of Shinto?
- How numerous they are.
- 1/11 - Q2: What’s that phrase again? The one about how many gods there are in Shinto…
- The Eight Million Gods.
- 1/14 - Where do you think the fictional land of “Ihatov” is modeled after?
- 1/18 - What did the word “awful” originally mean?
- 1/21 - Do you know what she’s stepping on?
- A Snake.
- 1/24 - Q1: What does that mean when describing a person?
- 1/24 - Q2: So what kind of connotation would “salty” have in that context?
- 1/24 - Q3: So with all that in mind, “salty” probably means…
- 1/27 - How far did this study suggest personal happiness can spread?
- To friends of friends of friends.